Is there high quality kibble with hard and soft bites?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Is there high quality kibble with hard and soft bites?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    katj813
    Participant

Hi I am looking for a kibble for my dog who is staying with my mom. She likes taking the easy route when feeding my pets (I’m in college) so no raw foods, no wet food, etc. She has switched my dog to Beneful because he wasn’t eating his previous food and he eats it well. He’s 12 though and Beneful is a load of crap. The only other food I know of is Purina One which is at least better than Beneful but still not great. My dog won’t eat food soaked in water, no idea why but he’s more finicky than my cat. Are there any other food brands out there with meaty bits mixed in or something?

#52898 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hi, katj813. Welcome to the forum!

It took me a minute to think of such a food, and the only one that comes to my mind is Nature’s Variety Instinct Raw Boost. Now, it is not “raw” raw, it is dehydrated raw that is mixed in the bag with the kibble. It is softer than kibble and the formulas contain pretty unique proteins, so they may be more palatable to your dog. Other than that, if your mom is not willing to mix canned or your dog doesn’t eat softened food (which could be fixed potentially by just letting him try meal after meal, and if he doesn’t eat it, take it away, then serve some again at the next meal until he/she grows hungry enough to eat it), I have nothing….

But please, do your best to get it off of Beneful, or anything by Purina for that matter.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions!

#52904 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi-
    Fresh Pet Select has soft Kibbles, but not crunchy. It is really a great brand. You could possibly mix with another brand of crunchy if the pup “has” to have the combo. Anything would be better than Beneful?

#53009 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi katj813:
    Look into C4c’s suggestion about Freshpet. Freshpet is a refrigerated food that is not canned, not raw, would mix easily with a dry food, and it is a kibble shape that pours easily from the bag. It is also easy to find at pet stores, grocery stores, and Wal-Mart.

#164397 Report Abuse
    Lacey S
    Participant

Yumwoof Perfect Kibble is what you want to try. They make a soft and chewy kibble.

Freshpet needs to be refrigerated, whereas Yumwoof does not. My husband and I switched our dog to Yumwoof when he started getting old. He absolutely loves it!

The ingredients are really good, which is why we bought it. Only 14 ingredients, grain free, soy free…nothing bad. The first ingredient is fresh chicken, and it has lots of coconut oil which is really good for older dogs too.

We bought it on http://www.yumwoof.com. Hope that helps!

#164403 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

My dogs do great on Purina One dry dog food. It has a mix of tender and crunchy kibble.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.