Is there a MEAT PROTEIN dog food chart?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Food Ingredients Is there a MEAT PROTEIN dog food chart?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    somebodysme
    Participant

People here are always posting these neat dog food charts and I always forget to save the links and since there’s no searching feature here, it’s near impossible to be able to find them again. How do y’all find those neat charts? I’ve googled till I’m blue in the face and can’t find anything good.

Is there a chart that gives the percentage of meat protein in the most popular/common dog foods?

The other day there was a calorie chart starting with high and going to low…do any of you have a link for that chart too? I’d love to have it.

#23481 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I haven’t seen the calorie chart! That sounds interesting. I’m no good at google either, but I’m practicing and getting better. We probably need a new thread just to post resources in. Most companies don’t actually disclose how much meat they put in their food. You have to guess based on the protein% and what other ingredients contribute significant protein.

#23485 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

I think that HDM posted the calorie chart about a couple weeks ago and I’m kicking myself that I didn’t save the link. I cannot remember if it was in a thread or in the review section either…boo ME! HAHA!

#23495 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Here’s an article with meat & bone info for raw feeders:

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/bone-food-values-for-raw-feeding-dogs/

I haven’t seen the charts you mentioned either!

#23510 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Must have been someone else because I have no idea what a meat chart or calorie chart is lol

#23514 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

Well darn, it was a chart of the most popular dry dog foods and it listed the calories, I think it may have also listed some other things too. I think that who posted the chart said that the higher the calories also meant the higher the meat protein was. My memory is pretty lame these menopausal years…HA!

#23518 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Usually, but not always there is a correlation between amount of meat and amount of fat, so higher meat would have higher fat would have higher calories. Some cheaper foods just load up the fat though.

#23525 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

And some sporting/working dog formulas are very high fat (as much as the meat) so it wouldn’t have more meat due the high calories.

#23530 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hmm…sounds interesting! If anyone can figure out who posted it and where I’d like to check it out!

#23552 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

I did manage to find this:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsBcSQ8_xK_ndDRkYWo3NmRSWEl4T1NuX290bG5ULVE&output=html

It’s probably too out of date to be much help though.

#23556 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

That is quite a find and some of it is recent enough to have Orijen Whole Prey on it, so it isn’t that old.

#23583 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Nice. It’s all information that could be found right on the bag or product website but I suppose it would be a nice way to compare several foods at one time.

#23587 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I liked being able to run down the list and see which ones had a favorable calorie count.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.