🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tamara B

I need to know if Diamond Naturals Senior Dog Kibble has the same exact ingredients/ contents as Costco’s Kirkland Mature Dog Kibble? I cannot seem to get a straight precise answer ?? Please advise because I have a Senior Husky that has Epilepsy and very sensitive and wondered since I now belong to COSTCO can I substitute the COSTCO Mature for the Diamond Naturals Senior food? There cannot be ANY difference in ingredients to substitute his Diamond Natiural for the COSTCO brand!! I hope you can finally give me a precise answer if they are EXACTLY the same food/ingredients/content!!

#133675 Report Abuse
    anonymous

If your dog is doing well on a particular food I would stay with it.

No one can guarantee that the foods have the exact same ingredients as cross contamination occurs at the manufacturing sites.
    I don’t think it is worth trying to save a few bucks, just my opinion.

#133684 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

How about reading the ingredient labels on the brands of food? That’ll give u your answer.

#133696 Report Abuse
    anonymous
    #133698 Report Abuse
    Tamara B

As a Dog Trainer . . . I recommend my clients ALWAYS closely check the ingredients and manufacturer information on ALL dog products because they are NOT regulated by the FDA like human products–this having been said . . . the ingredients listed on Diamond Natural Senior dog food and Kirkland Mature dog food are very similar but not exactly the same and listed in a different order, which everyone knows what the order of ingredients means on all products.
    Therefore–I DID “check for myself” and need more information!
    I cannot get a straight answer on the above comparison and a couple of other questions I have when comparing both dog foods. . . .
    Most pet owners that go to the trouble of participating in these type forums read labels but are asking for more detailed information . . .
    People should ALWAYS read ingredients and manufacturing information on ALL dog products because they are not regulated by the FDA! . . . everyone should closely monitor ALL things they give their pets due to this fact!!

#133704 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

They aren’t the same. Any further action you take will be up to you. I’m pretty sure Kirkland is made by diamond tho. But again. Not the same EXACT food like you asked.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.