Is Blue Buffalo now considered a bad brand and puppy food suggestions.

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Food Ingredients Is Blue Buffalo now considered a bad brand and puppy food suggestions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Josh H

I got a puppy about a little over a week ago, but I haven’t had a dog in 10+ years. I use to feed my old dog Blue Buffalo and so that’s what I got my new puppy (Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy). About 4 days later he stopped eating all of his food and he would literally turn his nose up at it. He wasn’t throwing up, nor did he have diarrhea (I suspected he just didn’t like his food). So I joined this site and started doing a ton of research. I got a 5lbs bag of Wellness Core Puppy (which he absolutely loves) and the only way he will eat the Blue Buffalo food is if I mix it in with the Wellness. In terms of Blue Buffalo, I was shocked that they admitted to lying about ingredients, have been outsourcing certain ingredients and has been having recalls. I want the best for my puppy, but is Blue Buffalo a brand I can trust or has it just gone downhill? I think eventually I want him on just Wellness which seems pretty good, or is there something else I should be giving him?

#91290 Report Abuse
    Molly F

I feel like too much crap has gone down with Blue Buffalo to feed their food.
    If he likes Wellness and does well on it, I’d keep that going!
    Also check out the Large Breed puppy article and thread to make sure you’ve got safe calcium levels.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Molly F.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.