Interceptor or interceptor plus

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Interceptor or interceptor plus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks

I am switching my yorkie from Heartgard plus to interceptor or interceptor plus. My yorkie weighs from 7.8 lbs to 8.1 lbs. my problem is the interceptor is from 2 to 10 lbs and the plus is 2 to 8 lbs. sometimes he weighs 8.1. I wanted to use the plus because it comes in chewables and protects from other worms. My reason from switching from Heartgard plus is the range from 1 to25 lbs. the Heartgard also makes my yorkie sick sometimes. What should I do? What do u use with small dog. Thanks Deanna

#104642 Report Abuse
    Brian G

What does your vet say?

#104643 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks

Just talked to my vet. He said interceptor

#104660 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Interceptor tends to be a hard chew, not soft for tiny mouths. Also, can cause tremors. Iā€™d stick with the Heartgard Plus. Give only half of it to your dog (half of the 25 lb chew). Cut into thin slices for easy absorption & feed right after a full meal. Wrap the other half in a tiny piece of plastic and seal it shut with packaging tape to prevent oxidation.

#104702 Report Abuse
    Leslie W

I use Sentinel on my 3 Yorkies ranging from 9lbs to 12lbs. I did use Interceptor but one of them seemed to develop nausea & vomiting from it so Vet moved me to Sentinel. It’s been fine so far.

#104791 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks

Zcriley you have to give the whole chew because the medicine is spread out so my vet said

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.