🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I am switching my yorkie from Heartgard plus to interceptor or interceptor plus. My yorkie weighs from 7.8 lbs to 8.1 lbs. my problem is the interceptor is from 2 to 10 lbs and the plus is 2 to 8 lbs. sometimes he weighs 8.1. I wanted to use the plus because it comes in chewables and protects from other worms. My reason from switching from Heartgard plus is the range from 1 to25 lbs. the Heartgard also makes my yorkie sick sometimes. What should I do? What do u use with small dog. Thanks Deanna

#104642 Report Abuse
    Brian G

What does your vet say?

#104643 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Just talked to my vet. He said interceptor

#104660 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Interceptor tends to be a hard chew, not soft for tiny mouths. Also, can cause tremors. I’d stick with the Heartgard Plus. Give only half of it to your dog (half of the 25 lb chew). Cut into thin slices for easy absorption & feed right after a full meal. Wrap the other half in a tiny piece of plastic and seal it shut with packaging tape to prevent oxidation.

#104702 Report Abuse
    Leslie W

I use Sentinel on my 3 Yorkies ranging from 9lbs to 12lbs. I did use Interceptor but one of them seemed to develop nausea & vomiting from it so Vet moved me to Sentinel. It’s been fine so far.

#104791 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Zcriley you have to give the whole chew because the medicine is spread out so my vet said

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.