Instinct raw boost for puppy/large breed puppy

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Instinct raw boost for puppy/large breed puppy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sara K

Instinct offers a puppy formula as well as a large breed puppy formula. I don’t see a review for the large breed but I am wondering what the difference is.

I have a new Boxer puppy, and he is doing well on the puppy formula, but I have gotten conflicting information from two different vets. One says the food he is on is great, the other recommended a large breed formula and suggested hills or blue buffalo.

I see that the puppy formula review says it is suitable for large breeds, and I don’t want to switch his food if it is unnecessary. Any information you can provide me to help me determine if I should switch his food is greatly appreciated.

#110098 Report Abuse
    Leslie W

Sara – if you look at the recalls on Hills and Blue Buffalo vs. Instinct I think that will answer your question. Vets do not get courses in Vet School about nuturition. They seem to always suggest the old standbys without regard to how was the food produced and with what.

#110245 Report Abuse
    Jackie B
    Participant

There are currently 3 Nature’s Variety products suitable for large breed puppies on the Editor’s Choice list: /reports/type-2/ Check out that link to see the specific formulas.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.