In Need of Help

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum In Need of Help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SdianeM M

Sadie was on Castor and Pollux Grain Free Poultry Free dry food, but she stayed with yeast issues. After reading and researching, I knew that I needed to cut out the carbs in her diet. I then put her on a commercial raw diet. She did unbelievably better, but started having yeast issues develop again. Then, she went from loving her raw food to not eating it at all. I then started cooking organic chicken for her, but she lacks like it’s not leaving her satisfied.

Bathing her today I found a patch of fur that’s missing from her itching. As bad as her yeast was on kibbles, she never lost fur or had lesions from scratching.

We need help!!!!!

#73061 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Time to subtract poultry, potato, egg & weird fillers that pups get allergic to. Itching and yeast is no fun. After my pups’ blood analysis came back clean, I made an overnight switch to raw dehydrated with vitamins, no thawing or mixing. By week’s end, all symptoms disappeared. ZiwiPeak lamb formula was a life saver for them, I’ve never looked back. I rotate with their beef and venison as well.

#73062 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Oh and use an all natural shampoo like Aroma Paws honeysuckle and jasmine. Little to no oatmeal as yeast thrives on it.

#73071 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

What raw were you using? I have a dog who was yeasty;at my holistic vets recommendation, I stopped fruits & veggies (which alot of premades have) and viola, no problems! Vital Essentials is a produce free premade but I buy grinds from Hare Today & Reel Raw, weigh and feed.

#73600 Report Abuse
    Cotons mom

Marie, when you “weigh and feed” do you add anything else to the food or give as is? Is this done for every meal and if so, is there a need for vitamins or any other stuff that needs to be added for a complete meal?

#73613 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Cotons Mom: I feed prey model raw, in ground form. It is meat, bone, organs & some have tripe. I add a scoop of tripe to the ones that don’t have it. Prey model does not need anything else. I add supplements for specific purposes: ACV, Bug Off Garlic, salmon oil, eggs, joint supplement for one; no vitmins. Not needed.

I add the above to breakfast meal, nothing at dinner. Did I answer your question?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.