šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Laura T

Good afternoon, my son’s lab mixed with boxer is a healthy 5 yrs old dog …Currently Riley eats Iams 2x day. But he would like to change the food to soemthing healthier – what is the best advise and best food that we can give her and, how do we do this change… any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#51201 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Will your son shop at a pet store or online?

#51230 Report Abuse
    Laura T

Hello, he currently shops at a pet store but is open to do so online if it makes sense.

#51253 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Hi Laura,
    Good to know! First, I shop online. My favorite place is Chewy.com and it’s where I’d suggest he shop for food. Fantastic prices & customer service and a great return policy.
    Tell your son that it can take 4-6 weeks to know how a food works for his dog. With a dog of her size, I’d get the mid size bag of food. He should take a week or so to transition to new food. Remove a little old food, replace with new food & watch stool. If it’s okay, add a bit more new and so on. Some people use digestive enzymes and/or probiotics during the transition.
    I’d look at these brands. They may be available locally. In no particular order, Earthborn, NutriSource, Dr Tim’s…..others may have ideas of brands as well.

#51258 Report Abuse
    Laura T

Thank you for your reply. Is there a particular brand that we should get? I think that even though she is 5, she is getting a bit “old” – i see gray hairs and sometimes when going up in couch she misses (not often) but when she does i feel that she is becoming a senior thus she might need maybe more calcium? … Vet says she is very healthy and there is no concerns but i have read that food can make a huge difference and that is why we are researching.

#51264 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Laura, my last sentence has some better priced foods. Add Victor to that list.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.