🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I usually use a canned within 3 days which I know is safe,but if I have enough for the next morning would 4 nights be unsafe?

#48025 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I’m not willing to guarantee that 4 nights would safe…probably, but if I were you I’d contact the company and ask them. I usually use one within 2-3 days.

#48026 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

I’ve eaten leftovers that were 4 days old and older. Canned dog food should last that long too. 🙂

#48030 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

When I open the can could I take enough out for the 4th day and freeze it?

#48047 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Weezerweeks, take it all out of the can & put in an small air tight container & yes you can freeze but freeze the food as soon as you open the fresh tin in an small air tight container…

#48452 Report Abuse
    Lee K

Hi. I’m new to this forum…love topics and advice I’ve read so far. Got a new 4# puppy 5 weeks ago and am mixing canned food with kibble…I open a can of soft food and divide it into 6 small (used and washed) Gerber plastic baby food containers, add about 2 teaspoonfuls of organic pumpkin to each container and freeze. Each one lasts for 4 meals (2 days) when I mix with well with puppy kibble morning and night… he’s eating great and stools can be picked up with TP and flushed (best part)…lol. We live in apartment and he is pad trained. We’ll work on ‘the big outdoors’ when he gets a bit older….

#48455 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Not to be gross, but I’ve seen dogs eat things that were dead and decaying, enough to make me gag. They will roll all over the dead thing too. The dog was happy an had no ill effects from eating the clearly rotten meat. She did need a good scrubbing tho, as she stunk really bad. I don’t think refrigerating canned food for 3 or 4 days is going to make a dog sick. Seriously.

#50404 Report Abuse
    2nd2none

you can open a can and leave it in your fridge for several days, (up to a week even) before it goes into a freezer. breaking it up into individual servings will make things easier (just thaw out a portion) and longevity of the food will happen if it goes into a freezer bag as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.