how do you know your dog mood?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health how do you know your dog mood?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eduardo M

My Inspiration is From:

Cesar Milan (The Host Of Dog Whisperer And Cesar 911 Shows In Nat Geo)

This are simple ways to know what happen if your dog don’t behave the way that usually do, great things about our dogs is that they don’t fake their emotions. They’re not going to lick you and then complain to their doggie buddies that walks aren’t long enough. The Hard Part is deciphering those feelings.

1- Happy Contented: When a dog is happy, he has relaxed body language. His muscles are relaxed, his tail and ears are held in their natural positions, and he looks neither large nor small for his physique. He might wag his tail from side to side or in a circular motion.

2- Alert: When your dog is alert, he looks intense and focused. He stands upright, his ears are up and forward, and his head and neck are erect. He holds his tail either in its natural position or vertically, and it is rigid and immobile. He’s looking at whatever he‘s detected. His mouth is probably closed and he might growl or bark.

3- Excited: In this case, he’ll look as intense as he does when he’s alert, but he might appear playful. His ears are up and his tail is held high, and it may or may not wag. He looks at the individual or object that’s the source of his excitement. Excited dogs often hold their mouths open, and they might bark.

4- Playful: His body movements are jerky and bouncy. He might bounce around in exaggerated twists, turns and leaps. He might dodge around you, paw at you and then take off running to invite a chase. Or he might just jump on you and start mouthing.

5- Fearful, Scared: When your dog is scared, he does his best to look small. Often, his body looks hunched, with his tail held low or tucked between his rear legs and his ears flattened back on his skull. He might cower close to the ground. The muscles of his body and face are tense and rigid.

6- Dominant: If your dog is feeling dominant, he stands tall, sometimes on his tiptoes, and tries to look large. He arches his neck. He appears tense, like a coiled spring. His weight is squarely on all four feet or he’s leaning forward slightly. His ears are up and oriented forward. His tail is high and rigid, sometimes flagging or quivering at the end. His hair may or may not be standing up on his shoulders or along his back. He usually makes direct eye contact with the other individual.

7- Submissive: In this case, he tries to convey the message that he’s the underling, that he’s not a threat and that aggression is unnecessary. During active submission, he makes his body look small by hunching over and getting low to the ground. He holds his tail low or tucked, sometimes rapidly wagging it back and forth. He flattens his ears or holds them off to the sides of his head. He keeps his neck low to the ground, but he turns his muzzle up toward the other individual. He might nuzzle, lick or flick his tongue. He averts his gaze so as not to look directly at the other individual. Some dogs, particularly puppies, urinate.

8- Aroused: An aroused dog almost always has his hackles up. However, just about everything else about his body language depends on whether he’s feeling scared, uncertain or angry. His body may look normal-sized or larger, his ears might be flattened to the side or held forward, and his tail might be held low, in a normal position or high. He may or may not be looking directly at an individual or object.

If you want to know tips
    http://www.dogswellness.info

#40995 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

I love Cesar Milan, he showed the World that Pit Bulls are not all bad dogs….its the humans that are the bad ones not the breed…

#40996 Report Abuse
    Eduardo M

thats right I grew up with all kind of dogs around and let me tell you, dogs copy the owner personality there is no bad dogs the people make them so that depends how you treat it.

#41055 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I don’t think you’ll find many Cesar Milan supporters here. He’s the last person I’d look to for anything. Do a google search for problems with he & his methods. If you want to look up to a TV trainer, Victoria Stilwell is a better role model.

#41083 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

I only heard about Cesar Milan when he brought 6 Pit Bulls to the Oscar Awards & showed the world that Pit Bull aren’t bad dogs, its the rotten humans that use & abuse then. At the time we were having problems with Pit Bulls here in Austraila due to irresponable people, if a Pit bull came into a pound he or she was put straight on the kill list & put to sleep no questions asked, even if the dogs were dog friendly & kid friendly.. Then people that worked at the pounds started telling the public what was happening, how beautiful dogs with beautiful temperaments were being kill just cause of their breed, so then the pounds started to do a temperament testing & if the Pit Bulls past the test they could go to rescue groups or sold… I just have a soft spot for the Pit Bulls & Cesar showed how these dogs aren’t all savage dogs & can be retrained & live happy lives..

#41132 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

There are many reputable rescues all over the world who do right by pit bulls. Maybe find one of them to “love” instead of Cesar Milan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.