🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Marietta B

Hello. I see some of you have cute pictures of your pets as a profile picture. How did you do that? I have been trying to figure it out with no luck. I found where I can change the colors or update info, but that’s it.

#42934 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Marietta –

You’ll need to upload a photo to Gravatar.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Hound Dog Mom.
    #42964 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

Thank you, Hound Dog Mom 🙂

#42965 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

It worked!!!

#42991 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Adorable dog!

#42992 Report Abuse
    Dori

OMG!!!!! What a cutie. What’s the breed and how old? So darn cute.

#42996 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

Awe thanks! Her name is Eggroll. She is a Japanese Chin/Shih Tzu mix and she will be 4 years old on July 1st. She’s the light of my life. I love seeing the pictures of all of your pets. They’re precious.

#43000 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Testing…I added one, does it show?

#43011 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

Yes, I can see it. What a cutie pie!

#43014 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Eggroll? What a fantastic name!

Neezerfan: it sure does, so cute!

#43034 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

Haha Thank you!

#43135 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Now do you see what I mean by a “beard” and why I prefer foods with no gravy?

#43137 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi Neezerfan. I’ve got a Maltese in full coat now and same beard as your dogs and I also prefer foods with no gravy otherwise it’s a real mess. Actually my dog looks quite a bit like your pic. What foods do you feed?

#43138 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

I have the same problems with Eggroll’s beard. 🙁

#43159 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

The ones I like are Nature’s Logic, Fromm’s Gold, Whole Earth Farms, Evo, NV Instinct and Ziwipeak. Also Darwin’s.

#43166 Report Abuse
    Dori

With the Ziwipeak, do you feed the canned or freeze dried? No issues with eye staining with any of the brands you use???? Thanks, Dori.

#43169 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Actually both the canned and freeze dried, no tear stains. I find any kibble will cause tear stains for my dog, even Orijen and Farmina, although I have not tried them all, nor will I.

#43172 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

I had the same problem with all kibble giving Eggroll tears stains. She would get a bad smell, too. Her whole body would stink. No smell or stains with the brands she eats now. Air dried ziwipeak, primal, Stella and chewy’s, the real meat company and only natural pet max meat. Canned choices are Weruva or tiki dog. I rotate brands often.

#43173 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

I want to try the Max meat and the real meat company next time I order but I’m a dog food hoarder apparently and have enough to last a long while. I like the weruva too but too messy!

#43175 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

Haha! I’m a dog food hoarder, too!!! I’m addicted to buying it. Good thing we have small dogs!

#43213 Report Abuse
    Dori

Absolutely lucky we all have small dogs! I too am a huge dog food hoarder, I only admit it to other dog obsessed people like ourselves. It’s a weird thing to have become obsessed about. I’ll have to see if I can find Max Meat and also The Real Meat Company. Though I haven’t got a clue where I’ll put it. I don’t have an extra freezer nor do I have anywhere that I can put one. My husband always comments that there’s no people food in our freezer and it’s Summer time, he wants ice cream in the freezer. Not gonna happen. LOL! No room for ice cream, not the people kind anyway. HA HA.

#43245 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

Thank goodness I don’t like ice cream haha! I buy the air dried varieties and they keep for quite some time so you probably won’t need to freeze them. That should make the hubby happy 🙂 The Only Natural Pet Store has sales on their foods from time to time and if you sign up for their emails they will give you the heads up. My email is filled daily with sales from online pet food distributors and the sad thing is I look forward to it!

#43256 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Only Natural Pet has $10.00 off a purchase of $50.00 or more with coupon code THANKYOU

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by neezerfan.
    #43298 Report Abuse
    Dori

Unfortunately for me, after checking out Only Natural Pet and The Real Meat Co. they contain yeast and one of my girls is intolerant to yeast and a host of other proteins and ingredients. Thanks for the info though.

#43308 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

Neezerfan, thank you for the coupon code! Dori, there are plenty of other great yeast free foods out there. Being a dog food nut like me, I’m sure you know that haha.

#43309 Report Abuse
    Dori

I’m always on the search for yeast free food and always thankful if someone knows of any and passes it along. Thanks. Dori

#48751 Report Abuse
    GSDMom

I went to Gravatar (I’m new here) 🙂 and added a picture…how do I add it here? Thanks!

#48880 Report Abuse
    Marietta B

I can’t remember how I got the picture to come up. Dumb luck, I guess. Maybe another poster on here can remember. I’m sorry.

#48883 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I think you add your picture when you edit your profile.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.