How are Best lists made?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum How are Best lists made?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul S
    Participant

There appear to be inconsistencies in the Best Dog Food lists on Dog Food Advisor. For example, today Purina Pro Plan Puppy is one of 10 Best Puppy Foods for May 2020, but it is not included in the list of 20 Best Puppy Foods. How are these Best lists determined?

#156871 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

Paul when I notice a discrepancy I email them and they give explanation. I was confused why the one protein/flavor in Stella & Chewy’s freeze dried was rated at a 2.5*s and the same flavor/protein in the raw was a 4*. According to Stella’s the raw is exactly the same as their freeze dried once dehydrated. DFA changed the ratings in the raw to also a 2.5* the next day. So errors do occur and you have to email and call them out on it.

#156873 Report Abuse

Hello Paul.

Thanks for your thoughtful question. I’m assuming you’re asking about 2 different lists. We publish a list of Best Puppy Foods and a separate list for Best Dry Puppy Foods.

Many times, we create a “best” list but find there are many more foods that are eligible… so we include some of them on other lists.

For a more detailed answer to your original question, “How are best lists made?”, please be sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. You can click the “FAQ” link in the red navigation bar at the top of any page on our website. Then, choose the topic, “About Our Best Dog Foods Lists” to answer your question.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.