šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Case

We recently added an English Bulldog to the family. When we got him, he was on some cheap brand of food that I’d never even heard of, and he looked great. So I figured he’d only improve when he’d been on better food for a while. After a couple of weeks on Victor High Pro Plus he developed some hot spots. They cleared up after a trip to the vet and some antibiotics. After a week, he’s got another hotspot in the same area. I haven’t had a dog with hotspots before, and I haven’t done any research yet. Just wondering what kind of input I’d get here.

#63804 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

often the result of a food intolerance of some sort. without looking up the exact ingredient list, I believe it has chicken and rice? Maybe try a grain free poultry free food?

#63830 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Case-
    Long time no see! I’m assuming you have checked for fleas. My previous dog would get hot spots from digging at fleas now and then. Could he be reacting to laundry soap or some chemicals on something that he is laying on?

BTW, congrats on your new addition! Good luck!

#64717 Report Abuse
    Case

Hi! I changed jobs and have way less down time….way way way less actually. So I’ve had to adjust my habits accordingly.

Yeah, no fleas. He does like to lounge and drool on his bed, and my wife does love to wash it, but the problem area seems to be localized to the ventral surface of his neck.

I’m actually on the site now to compare ingredient lists to identify the differences.

#67415 Report Abuse
    Case

Update: Wellness Core seems to be working for him so far. Maybe it was the grain or the pork? Not sure.

#67425 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Glad to hear he is doing better. Sometimes we never know for sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.