šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pittiemama

I’ve been researching and food trialing my dog. It appears that he can eat turkey (well so far anyway). I’ve had him for 2 years and it seemed that all he could eat was fish as a protein. So here we are…

I feed Brave from HK right now. I like their company and he loves the food but it’s high in phosphorous and he has kidney disease at the young age of 5 1/2. We’ve been looking at changing. So with the new food trial comes new info. I may be changing to the Keen or use the Preference by HK as a base (or another base like Dr. Harvey’s) but I may also just cook for him. Here’s the dilemma, the balance. He has food intolerances and kidney disease. His creatinine was 2.2 at last look and his USG was anywhere between 1.014-1.019.

I’ve looked around but there is tons of info. Do any of you have either good recipes, websites or blogs you frequent for info that’s reputable? I’m needing nutritional levels, supplements, ideas for base mixes, fat content….etc.etc.etc. You know.

Also if a dog is intolerant of eggs, can they eat crushed egg shell? Kind of randome question but I’ve been wondering.

Thanks!

#82776 Report Abuse
    anonymously

I don’t know if this would meet the criteria for your dog, but my senior likes it as a topper http://www.chewy.com/dog/newmans-own-organics-grain-free-95/dp/44975
    Newman’s Own Organics Grain-Free 95% Turkey Dinner Canned Dog Food

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.