šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zach M

I was just wondering, what makes products like Dinovite work? Is there a way that I could make my own version at my house? Also, what foods trigger the things that dinovite cures? What foods reduce smell and stop itching?

#44429 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Zach –

You can certainly make your own supplements. I make my own for two reasons – it’s much cheaper than buying pre-mixed supplements and I can pick exactly which ingredients are in the supplement and in which proportions. I was running into a problem where every supplement I came across either had ingredients I didn’t want or didn’t have an ingredient I did want so I decided it would just make more sense to make my own. I purchase most of my ingredients in large quantities from Swanson Vitamins, Starwest Botanicals, Vitacost and Nature’s Farmacy. You shouldn’t have a problem finding most of the ingredients that are in Dinovite. My guess is that it’s likely the probiotics, enzymes and omega 3’s that help the most with the itching, so with whatever supplement you mix up I’d be sure to include those ingredients (at a minimum).

Here’s an article by Dr. Becker with some suggestions for itchy, smelly dogs.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Hound Dog Mom.
    #44432 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Thanks HDM! I will order them now, because it looks like they have the top ingredients in Dinovite in stock.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.