🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Melissa B

Hello!

This is my first time posting on this forum and I would greatly appreciate any insight provided on my problem. My fiance and I adopted a three year-old Tibetan Terrier last November. She’s blind and was likely abused in her last home. Almost immediately after adopting her we began to notice issues with incontinence, painful urination, inability to drain her bladder, etc. Fast forward to now, we have spent upwards of $3,000 in tests, surgery, x-rays and prescription food in the discovery and removal of her mixed (struvite/oxylate) bladder stones. After the surgery the vet recommended a permanent diet of Royal Canine SO wet food. Since her stones are mixed, there is no guarantee that they won’t come back, but the vet said this was the best preventative food to give her. However, the ingredients in this food are pretty crappy and I’d prefer to put Delilah on a natural, homemade diet. I’ve done some research on what foods would be best, but there is so much dissension when it comes to the topic (low protein- no HIGH protein, rice- NO rice, etc) that I’m a little lost. Has anyone else dealt with this situation before? Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of homemade diet would be best for a little pup with mixed bladder stones? Any help would be MUCH appreciated!! 🙂 Thank you!

#46302 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Hi Melissa,
    If I was you, I’d consult Mary Straus at DogAware.com and/Or Lew Olsen at BNaturals.com (google for the correct website). I believe they can both be of help to you. Realize your vet may not be happy but it’s whist I’d do (home made).

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.