šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tracey s

Please help me, I’m not as smart as you guys, I’ve searched the homemade and don’t feel I can understand how to do the supplements and everything to not harm my dog. I’ve also searched dry dog food that had at least a little meat in it and can only find 20% protein which is still too high, the other foods are full of junk, please help me find something to feed him.

#109173 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Prescription food/therapeutic diet under the guidance of your veterinarian is how I would proceed.
    Increase fluids, add water to kibble and presoak kibble.
    Retest in a month or two or however your vet recommends.
    A lot of bogus information on the internet, don’t be fooled.

Some science based veterinary medicine information here that you may find helpful

More Nonsense from Holistic Vets about Commercial Therapeutic Diets

#109177 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Tracey,
    Why does he need low protein diet?? are you on facebook go onto “Judy Morgan DVM” F/B page https://www.facebook.com/JudyMorganDVM/ click on her “Videos” there’s a few, she has very easy to make meals & you can also send her a msg if you have any questions…
    Judy & her Husband who you’ll see cooking in her video’s has a few dogs & most of them have health problems, she makes a special meals for her 16yr old dog named Scout, he has Pancreatitis & I think Kidney problems.. Have you gone onto “Honest Kitchen” site? Honest Kitchen has base formula’s & you just add your own meat & it has the rest & is balanced, I’d be using Chicken & Turkey as these meats are lower in fat & easy to digest meat proteins….
    Also look up “Balance It” they have recipes for certain health problems & sell Balance It to Balance the meals, Judy Morgan also has a site & sells supplements to baKibble is very hard to digest even when its pre soaked in water, at the end of the day it’s still proccess crap in a bag no matter how much money you pay….

You’re on the right track cooking for your dog & dont stress about balancing meals, when my boy was real ill with his IBD his vet said to me Susan Patch will be OK if his meals aren’t balance for 2 months, I was stressing cause he was just eating lean turkey mince with 1 whisked egg some chopped parsley made into 1/2 cup size rissole balls baked in the oven & I was boiling Sweet Potato & adding about 2 spoons sweet potato & you can freeze the meals as well it ends up being real easy & healthier cooking meals, it’s just like cooking for yourself & we don’t balance every single meal….
    Sometimes these supplements vitamins/minerals etc can make the dog sick, I believe you get all your nutrition from eating healthy foods, I don’t balance any of Patches meals & he has a beautiful shinny coat & looks very healthy for a 9yr old dog, I do feed the can Tuna or Salmon is Spring water maybe 2 to 3 times a week with boiled potato then he gets other lean meats….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.