🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Saireah

Hi there!

I have two dogs — Riggs (5 year old mastiff/shepard mix — 90 lbs) and Quinn (6 year old vizsla/lab mix — 43 lbs). Quinn has hip dysplasia and gets a Cosequinn pill each morning and both receive a fish oil supplement. I’ve had them on Dr. Tim’s Pursuit for quite some time, which is a 30/20 food. I wanted to give Victor a try, just because it’s a reputable brand and also comes in larger bags (40lb vs. Dr. Tim’s 44lb). If it doesn’t work out well, I’ll probably go back to Dr. Tim’s, but I wanted to see if Victor would help with their shedding a bit.

My question is — is the Hi-Pro Plus plan the best formula for me to pick? My dogs are fairly active, but I’d consider them a normal active level vs. high-performance. They’re in excellent health and weight. They’ve done great on Dr. Tim’s, so I assume that changing them over to a similar high-protein formula would be all right? Any concerns to go down to a 26% protein formula given that they’re getting a bit older?

Just wanted to get some guidance. 🙂 Thanks!

#105214 Report Abuse
    Randy D

Look at the Hero formula. A little lower fat, higher protein, grain free with joint supplements. Another suggestion is Performance. It’s 26/18 protein and fat, has some grain, and also has joint supplements.

#105223 Report Abuse
    Nadine H

You might want to give them a call, they will tell you which food would be best.

#105225 Report Abuse
    Randy D

Their website is good , as well. Lots of info on each individual formula.

#105226 Report Abuse
    Saireah

Thanks, all! I ended up going with the High-Pro line given that it has similar nutritional details as to the Dr. Tim’s I’m feeding today. This was recommended by them after I spoke to them directly.

#105228 Report Abuse
    Randy D

Hi Pro is what I’m feeding my 9 mo mutt right now. It’s good stuff. He just finished a bag of active dog and puppy, which he did well on. Take note of the calories/cup-the hi pro may be higher than your old food. Hope your dogs enjoy it and do well on it. It’s much more economical than many similar brands, so it will be in my dogs diet for a long time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.