šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nailgirl
    Participant

hi, i hope someone here can help me out! my 21 yr old daughter brought home a stray kitten that she found near a dumpster behind her work. within the first week she (my daughter) contracted a ringworm spot on her leg. she has since been treated and she took the kitten to her vet and has been treating the kitten with zymox enzymatic shampoo and rinse plus a spray to the affected area with conzol 1% (miconazole nitrate topical anti fungal). well, of course, my schnauzer now has spots all over his head, muzzle area, and one spot on his behind! we are keeping them separated for now and i am taking the schnauzer to my vet tomorrow!! in the meantime, i thought would come on here and ask any of you if you’ve ever dealt with this before and if you had any tips for me! i’ve been reading on here for some months now and it seems like a friendly and helpful place, so thanks for anyone who can help out! i feel like i’m at my wits end!

#24550 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Ringworm can be an immune issue so feed to support the immune system. That means a high quality protein diet plus antioxidants plus probiotics. Since schnauzers can be prone to pancreatitis, you may be watching his fat levels, so it may be that it would easier to add some low fat meat to his diet than to switch foods, if he isn’t already on a high protein diet. Don’t add more that 20% of his food in meat.

#24561 Report Abuse
    nailgirl
    Participant

thanks pattyvaughn! i do feed him a diet that’s about 25-30% protein and he’s doing really well. i rotate fromm grain free with a topper of either home cooked diet or the stella and chewy’s super beef freeze dried.

#24562 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

You’ll be doing the same thing with the dog as the kitten most likely. It’s a fungus.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.