šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cotons mom

I have 2 4month old coton puppies and they eat their poop, or at elast attempt to if I can’t get to it fast enough. I feel Against the Grain canned and Weruva, both chicken. The get probiotics daily. Any recommendations on how to stop this poop eating.

#32386 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Try adding digestive enzymes. It cured one of my dogs, but many people report that nothing worked for their dog except scooping immediately.

#32387 Report Abuse
    Cotons mom

Thanks Patty, I just started yesterday giving them The Honest Kitchen Pro Bloom Instant Goat’s Milk (following directions on box), does this have enough digestive enzymes or do you recommend adding something else. You had mentioned that you started using something when your pup started to eat grass, is that something that I should also consider. I want to do the very best I can for these babies to keep them healthy. I’ve been thinking about adding a kibble to their diet because feeding them 3X a day is getting expensive and we are going thru a lot of canned food. Any suggestions on what to add? Does the type of food that I feed, in your opinion, have anything to do with the “pink” coloring on the hair under their eyes. I give them only filtered water.

#32388 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

For my grazing dogs, I give a supergreen supplement of some kind. Sometimes it’s spirulina, sometimes kelp, most often a combo of several things. It’s been so long now since I’ve had a problem with grass eating, it took me a moment to figure out what you were talking about!

I do think that the food can have something to do with tear and saliva staining, but I think it is individual to the particular dog what is causing the problem. For most dogs, it’s a bacterial infection in the tear ducts. The other poster here with the problem is Nectarmom and she found that when she switched to a different food, it started to clear up fairly quickly, but she has a dog with multiple issues and the new food didn’t agree with it.

The best I can suggest is to try something very different from what you are feeding now. As for the goat milk, I really don’t know if it has enough digestive enzymes, but I would assume not. You should be able to tell within a couple days.

#32430 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’ve had my share of poop eating dogs, used enzymes, probiotics, tried pineapple; nothing works except picking it up as soon as they go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.