šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

My yorkie has been on Heartgard and I’m thinking about switching. I just want one for heartworms not fleas ticks. He has a sensitive stomach. I was thinking about interceptor but someone on hear said it caused vomiting in her dog. Any suggestions

#104782 Report Abuse
    Christine W

I have used Sentinel for years,i have 2 small dogs as well.The vet said feed them first,then give them the pill,and maybe a treat after,and not once have they gotten sick.

#104784 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’ve used Interceptor for years, on many dogs, never vomiting.

Christine, isn’t Sentinal for heartworm and fleas?

#104787 Report Abuse
    Christine W

Yes.

#104789 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Thank you. I ordered some Interceptor. My vet is going to start having it again. I don’t want sentinel because it’s for fleas too.

#115291 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

InkedMarie I put Bailey on Interceptor 7 months ago and no problem except I give it with peanut butter and I think sometimes he swallows it. Does it have to be chewed? Another question: Interceptor plus has something for tapeworms would this be better? Thanks

#115293 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I doubt it needs to be chewed. I think mine inhale theirs LOL! My vet only carries the Interceptor Plus and I personally think itā€™s better.

#115311 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Inked Marie my yorkie(little pig) sometimes weighs a little over 8 but usually 7.6lbs. The plus is 2-8 lbs and the interceptor is 2-10 lbs. do you think he’d still be safe with the plus?

#115360 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I think thatā€™s a question for the vet!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.