đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    czah z

I can’t really afford most of the 5* dog foods. I just adopted a 60lb mix. She had a wiry coat and potential skin issues. My vet recommended Science Diet K9 Maintenance. While decent score, not as high as I had hoped. Do you all have a better recommendation, or some alternative? Or do you feel I should just go with that? (my vet never seems to care what kind of food I feed my dogs, so I don’t really trust him w/this advice.)

#111969 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

Science diet is really over priced for what it is. If you want a decent quality medium priced food go with whole earth farms, Canidae, under the sun, or whole hearted. If your dog doesn’t have anysensitivities then he will do great on these foods.

#111970 Report Abuse
    czah z

Also, is subscribing through Chewy a good idea? Seems convenient. I do nearly all my shopping online if I can anyways.

#111971 Report Abuse
    czah z

Sad that Purina One(what I used to give my dogs, no more) is nearly the same cost as the ones you mentioned. After looking through some deciding between:

Under the Sun Grain-Free Adult Whitefish Recipe Dry Dog Food
    CANIDAE All Life Stages Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
    Whole Earth Farms Grain-Free Pork, Beef & Lamb Recipe Dry Dog Food

#111982 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Click “reviews” in the red line above. Click “dry dog food reviews” then “5 star”. There are many five star foods at good price points. Victor comes to mind.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.