šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jayne L

My poor 8 month old chi mix has been getting ulcers in his mouth and blisters in his ears and a few on his body. He really has a hard time eating as i’m sure we all would with ulcerated tongue. I’ve tried everything with his food to make it easier to eat. The vet has him on pred and a general antibiotic. The only thing that changed for him was two months ago his food was switched to merrick sweet potato and salmon. Any ideas?

#90764 Report Abuse
    anonymous

What is his diagnosis? That is what you need to know, what testing has he had? What is the condition that is being treated? Ask your vet for clarification.

#90765 Report Abuse
    Jayne L

They tested for a lot of things. The only thing elevated was a number in his white blood cell, which the ulcers alone would have elevated that number. I’ve had a lot of allergy dogs and have never seen anything like this. I also might add that this little man will eat anything. One thing in my yard that i’m constantly getting from him are the little pods from the bradford pear tree. smh

#90766 Report Abuse
    anonymous

My allergy dog does well on Nutrisca salmon and chickpea as a base. Check chewy.com.

#90767 Report Abuse
    Jayne L

That is exactly what I was going to try before Merrick. The only thing that kept me from it is that i can’t get it locally if something should happen. Are you happy with chewy?

#90768 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Yes, I like chewy, I am on the autoship plan, if you order the required amount you get free shipping. Their prices are good so I often find other things I need there and you can adjust your order accordingly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.