šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joseph w

My dig has bad yeast infections and I’m looking for a good supplement to use with a good source of pro/pre biotics

#89652 Report Abuse
    Jenn H

There’s a few brands that add pre & probiotics to their food after it’s processed. Wysong is 1. I think Orijen & Acana do also.

Either way I prefer to add it. My preferred brands are Wysong pet inoculant and Purina Fortiflora. The Purina you have to get at the vet or online.
    (I can’t even believe I use and recommend a Purina product. But it really has been great for my dog with IBD.)

#90278 Report Abuse
    Stan S

One of my dogs had a food intolerance and was allergic to chicken, turkey and grains, especially corn and wheat. As I changed his diet plan he incurred to diarrhea. A friend of mine, who is also a vet, suggested that I try a probiotic supplement from Ample Nutrition. That was about a month ago. Since then, I have definitely seen some improvements. I mix the supplement with his food every day and he gladly eats them. Ample Nutrition has an excellent options for dogs.
    I can provide a link to their website, you can go through it.
    Complete Dog Prebiotic & Probiotic
    Hope this helped.

#90290 Report Abuse
    Jenn H

My favorites have been Wysong Pet Inoculant and Purina Fortiflora.

In fact the vet put my girl with IBD on Fortiflora indefinitely. So far so good.

Bananas are a great probiotic if your dog likes them. There’s other food that are also good.

#101802 Report Abuse
    Linda B

Yes, I have used ProThrive Senior for my 10 year old German Shepherd. She was having diarrhea or loose stools every day. It got better then bad again, then finally after months of this, we were told by the Collar and Leash pet store that we should try PROThrive Senior. From the day we tried it until now 1 year later, she stopped having the loose stools. It was amazing. I know I’m late we this post but maybe someone else needs the have the information.

#102848 Report Abuse
    Jenn H

I have not heard of Prothrive. I’m going to look into it. I like to have options. And with 2 of my dogs I like to change their probiotic once in a while. I should probably do that with my 3rd dog too, but I’m afraid to change what seems to be working with her.
    Thanks for offering another choice.

#102872 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I never knew bananas are a probiotic. I share one most every morning with my dogs. Good to know! I also use Forti Flora once per week. I have used Vetri-Pro BD with success in the past as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.