šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    doodles0067

I’d love to hear any opinions re great life. We’ve heard lots of conflicting reports and its not on the editors choice list, so am concern. We’ve tried everything for our very sensitive dog and GL is the only brand we can find that she tolerates and will eat without major doctoring up.. (Trying to avoid raw, homemade or freeze dried for logistical reasons.) What are the pros and cons? Why isn’t it on the list? Thanks!!

#42090 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

I believe the list will only contain 4 or 5 star foods. See the review here: /dog-food-reviews/great-life-dog-food-dry/.
    Would you consider feeding canned? Picky dogs will usually eat canned better than kibble.

#42092 Report Abuse
    doodles0067

Thanks. I believe the grain free is 5 stars. Correct?

#42126 Report Abuse
    doodles0067

Hi again,
    After reading through the threads on this forum, (Sorry– I should have done that firstā€¦), It appears that the problems people have with GL is how they handled an incident they had last year while switching factories, not a problem with the quality of their food. Am I correct in this assumption? I spoke with a company rep and they were very forthright regarding the issues they have had in the past. She named 3 issues- a preservative problem with a batch that spoiled, plastic from a factory part during the switch and problems with hair (ew) in the buffalo formula. So, not a great track record– but she was honest, says the problems have been corrected and it appears to be a high quality food. Right? My dog cannot tolerate many foods (peas, carrots, wheat, soy, peanut, yeast, and white potatoes) and this is one of the only ones that we’ve found that seems to agree with her. I just want to make sure its a quality product that is worth switching toā€¦. Thanks in advance for all/any advise!

#42129 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Doodles0067, I don’t know if the food will make the list but you shouldn’t be too concerned – many quality foods are still not on the list – what really matters is what your dog does well on. I have not personally fed Great Life, but my friend did and still does and her dog does great on it. She rotates a lot so she is about to switch her out of it, but she fed 60lbs of Great Life just fine.

#42189 Report Abuse
    doodles0067

Thanks naturella,
    I really appreciate the feedback!

#42200 Report Abuse
    Naturella

No problem and good luck with GL! šŸ™‚

#42221 Report Abuse
    Nancy C

Try looking at Natures Logic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.