šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rhianna H

Looking for a Unicorn (other than Farmina and Natures Logic):

My guy has a chicken protein allergy but chicken fat is fine. He needs a higher protein food, preferably over 32% but the higher the better. It needs to be lower in carbs, preferably lower than 30% but am willing to venture up to 35% for the right food. MUST be grain inclusive with NO legumes (peas, chickpeas, lentils, etc.) and NO potatoes (white or sweet). Iā€™d prefer no corn as well but will allow some with the right food. Heā€™s currently on Natureā€™s Logic and Iā€™ve looked into Farmina but am interested to see what else is possibly out there.

#137723 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

Other than the two mentioned Iā€™ve never come across anything else. Usually companies who use grain use massive amounts to cheapen cost. Maybe to add more variety you can look at pre made raw foods or dehydrated foods like spots farms.

#137831 Report Abuse
    hamish
    Participant

Farmina and Nature’s Logic both use alfalfa meal which is a legume. Certainly not as much as a typical grain free but it’s there.

#137832 Report Abuse
    hamish
    Participant

Nature’s Logic doesn’t meet AAFCO nutritional guidelines if that means anything to you.

#137833 Report Abuse
    hamish
    Participant

nvm

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by hamish.
    #137927 Report Abuse
    joanne l

That is funny I am looking for the same thing. Right now I am feeding Holistic Select lamb and rice, it doesn’t have chicken and it is grain in, but it list peas one time. So I gave it a go. They do have a fish formula that doesn’t have chicken or peas just grains. I might try that. I don’t think it is high in protein, it is average, I give my dog red meat with it. I did find VIctor beef and rice, that looks good no chicken and it has grains and no peas or legumes or potatoe. I never tried it yet need some reviews on it first.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.