🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim H

Hello everyone,
    I’m new here and I need some advice. I want a food that has between 25-30% protein. My dogs are not herding sheep all day and do not need a grain-free, hi-protein food. I also want something easily digestible with little waste. I do not want corn or soy and I would like it be a lamb based food with whole eggs, fish oil, vitamins and chelated minerals. I used Canidae for years, but they changed the formula, so they’re out. I next found Dog Lovers Gold. It was a great food, but they changed their formula too and now they’re out. I searched the internet thoroughly and found Dr. Tim’s. My girls ( Great Pyrenees, Golden Retriever & Shih Tzu ) are doing great on Dr. Tim’s, shiny coats, firm low-odor stools, nice breath. It has everything I want except it’s chicken based instead of lamb. I can get Dr. Tim’s delivered for $1.52/ lb and this is the best “good food at a good price” that I have found. Does anyone have any suggestions for something similar, only with lamb?
    Thanks
    Jim

#43089 Report Abuse
    spaniel39
    Participant

I feed my baby (sophie the Komondor) 130pound
    14 months old
    Nutrisource large breed lamb
    about 1.63 pound
    as you get a 30 pound bag
    I went through so many and this is perfect
    Gets 5 stars dog advisor also
    Lamb meal, peas, pea starch, pea flour, salmon meal, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), potatoes, tomato pomace, natural turkey and chicken flavor, sunflower oil, potassium chloride, dried brewers yeast, salmon oil, minerals (zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, cobalt proteinate, selenium yeast), salt, choline chloride, taurine, vitamins (vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), glucosamine hydrochloride, tryptophan, ascorbic acid (source of vitamin C), chondroitin sulfate, yucca schidigera extract, calcium iodate, rosemary extract, yeast culture (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation product, dried Bacillus subtillis fermentation product.

#43091 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

How about Victor Lamb and Rice, Healthwise Lamb and Oatmeal or Earthborm Meadowfeast?

#43171 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Check the price on Annamaet Manitok

#43206 Report Abuse
    LexiDog

For the largest bag of Annamaet Manitok it is around $2.70/lb. The Eaethborn varieties are all around $1.71/lb.

The other food that comes in around $1.50/lb are the Taste of the Wild High Prairie and Wetlands. But these are made in a Diamond factory.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.