🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Linda G

Does anyone have recommendations for a good dry dog food WITH grain?

#119940 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Fromm Adult Classic https://frommfamily.com/products/dog/classic/dry/#adult

About 2 or 3 weeks into the transition, 1/2 and 1/2 with Zignature, which we have had no problems with and may stay with depending on the outcome of the investigation into grain-free.

All is well 🙂 We consider kibble to be the base, not the whole diet, we always add a splash of water and a bit of boiled chopped chicken, crumbled up boiled egg, ocassional bit of canned tuna…

#119941 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Click the “library” above in the red line and look at the dry food recommendations.

#119942 Report Abuse
    Linda G

Thanks, the Fromm sounds interesting. The dry food recommendations under library don’t separate by grain and grain free which means you have to click on each one to find out – if it is not the name.

#119944 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Victor or Pro Plan

#119967 Report Abuse
    anonymous

All is going well with this product.
    Guess what? You can order directly from Fromm https://www.gofromm.com/fromm-family-classic-adult-dog-food
    And their prices are reasonable!

Fromm Adult Classic, original recipe from 1949. It’s al good 🙂

#119972 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hello Linda G:
    My dog does well on recipes from Exclusive, Purina, Fromm, Wellness, and Annamaet.

#120027 Report Abuse
    joanne l

All that are mentioned sound good, I myself look for good grain in diets. I just bought a bag of Merrick classic (grain in) and hope my dog can adjust to it. Right now I feed pro plan and I like it, I just want to try something different once in awhile.

#120275 Report Abuse
    jacquie l
    Participant

I am also looking for a dry dog food with quality grains, no chicken or beef, made and sourced as much as possible in the USA. I found Drs. Foster and Smith Lamb and brown rice. My only hesitation is that it says: The ingredients for the vitamin and mineral premixes come from a variety of sources, including the US, India and some parts of Asia (Thailand, China and Japan). Has anyone used this food? What do you think? Thanks.

#120381 Report Abuse
    joanne l

Never used it. I would go with something else. But that is just my opinion.

#120525 Report Abuse
    Therese M

I like Fromms Gold better than the regular adult one, as did the dogs. Compare the ingredients and decide for yourself. Make sure you compare the ingredients on the website- if the Gold has duck, it’s the old one.

#120528 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

Almost every brand of dog food has to draw vitamins from China. I’m sure if you email any company they’ll tell you the same thing (or won’t tell u anything) so it shouldn’t be the upsetting as the majority of food, whether they say made in the USA or not, use vitamins from China.
    Most human vitamins are sourced from China as well. They have some type of power of vitamins so that they can only be bought from them.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by haleycookie.
    #120535 Report Abuse
    jacquie l
    Participant

Hmmm… I did not know that. I wonder why. Thanks.

#121484 Report Abuse
    2doodlemom

I am just transition my two dogs on “First Mate” with grain dove food. Its oats, varieties are chicken, lamb or white fish. This is made by a Candian company.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.