šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LindaW

My 12 week old Golden has been weaned onto raw by her “natural rearing” breeder. Yay! Although the breeder told me she ate her raw “with gusto”, she will not eat it now (with me). I am feeding same company, same food as she had been eating when weaned. I don’t want to change from raw, but she won’t eat turkey, coarse ground turkey necks, beef, chicken, duck. She’ll eat chicken necks and some tripe. In a 24-hr period, she eats maybe 1/4 pound. That is not enough for a growing pup! HELP! Thank you.

#21757 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I would try mixing a small amount of green tripe into each meal you feed her and seeing if that helps. You could also try heating it slightly (not enough to cook it) – sometimes the cold temperature is a turn off. What brand are you feeding?

#21888 Report Abuse
    LindaW

Thank you Hound Dog Mom. I feed her green tripe. Takes a couple mouth fulls and that’s it! I’ll try heating a bit. Brand is Top Quality. They originate from North Carolina and make an eastern U.S. trip up to the northeast once per month. That’s what the breeder uses. I had Tripe Plus from A Place to Paws (on line) which is a lot more $ than Top Quality. She eats that a bit more than the other but still not the amount she should be consuming.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.