We are going to look at two shelties tomorrow who need a home. One is a 9yr old female, active, needs a spay & dental before she’s ready. The male is 7 and shy but loving. Not quite sure what that means but we’ll see tomorrow. No, we are not looking for both; well, if Steve said, lets get both I’d say yes after I picked myself up off the floor LOL. Shelties are *my* breed and our last passed in 2011.
I can’t wait to hear what you decided.
Hound Dog MomParticipant
If you decide to get one be sure to post pictures! 🙂
How very exciting!!! 🙂
HDM: since shelties are *my* breed, I’m pretty confident we will want one. I’ll probably want both. My fear is that Gemma, the female, will love us and vice versa, then Mitch, the male, will crawl into one of our laps and won’t want to leave. Then what? In a few hours, we’ll know.
Hound Dog MomParticipant
Well then you obviously have to adopt both lol! Shelties are pretty small I bet two of them put together wouldn’t eat too much. 🙂
Okay- I am late as usual! What did you decide??
I did not update yesterday, Melissa so you’re right on time! Boy, it was very hard. I really want both but Steve does not want four dogs. I made him make the decision because I was torn. We’re bringing home Gemma, a 9 ish year old sheltie, after she is spayed & has a dental. Her mouth is a mess. Steve made the right choice, she’s outgoing so probably better for our current two. I would love to bring Mitch home too, he is shy but just wants love. I wanted to bring him home yesterday. I’d post pictures but no idea how to post here
Congrats on the new family member!! It’s always sooooo exciting~~
Yay! Happy for you!
PattyVaughn can’t post, still but she emailed me so I will answer her here:
“Congratulations on the new family member…..How long before they spay and everything so you can bring her home? ”
Thanks Patty, and everyone else! The foster person will schedule the spay & dental tomorrow and someone will call me with the date. Since the vet who is doing it is over an hour away, I assume it would be best for her to heal at the fosters house (even tho I’d rather she didn’t) in case of any complications. Hmm, thinking now, maybe I should call one of my local vets and ask if they’d see her if I brought her home the next day. Also depends on the day of the spay since it’s a longish drive in the country and we want to do it in the daylight.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.