šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tammie B

I just did this test and the my dog is allergic or sensitivities to
    beef
    Lamb
    Rabbit
    Venison
    Chicken/egg
    Turkey
    COd
    Mackerel
    Salmon
    sweet & reg potato
    peas
    rice
    All Grains
    yeast

I’m having a hard time finding a food. They say I need to starve her of carbs cuz of the yeast. Every kibble I find has some sort of something that is on her bad list. He can have pork, bison, buffalo, llama, duck, emi, goose, ostrich, qual, anchovy, haddock, herring, Pollock, sardine, shark, tuna, trout and shellfish. I was going to home cook pork and veggies, but was reading you have to be careful and it has to be balanced. ANy suggestions? Thanks in advance!

#103353 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Tammie-

I’m very sorry you spent money on this test. A group of veterinary dermatologists and even a regular member of this forum have sent the company negative control samples which all came back positive for allergens showing that Glacier Peaks is not an effective tool for diagnosing food allergies.

The best thing you can do is consult your vet on how to do a proper elimination trial and food challenge. This is the golden standard for determining food allergies. You have to be very strict while doing it though, which has proved difficult for a lot of people, but if you are able to do it it will help you properly determine if your dog truly has a food allergy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.