Giardia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BluesMom
    Participant

Hello all… Looking for some advice on giardia.

My pup had giardia when he was around four months old, and then tested negative.
    Now, he is about a year and a half and has it again. This time, he is shedding the cysts and was a 3+ on the scale (high).

I am wondering if anyone has any natural remedies that I could give him daily/long term that might ward off the giardia from re-infecting? He already takes Swanson’s Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes and antibiotics from the vet.

Also, does anyone know how to treat a yard? My vet said to just scoop the poop when he uses the bathroom, but he lives with three other dogs and I can’t be on poop scoop duty for all of them all the time. I’d like to maybe spray something on the entire yard or on the spot when I pick it up. Any suggestions would be fantastic. Thanks!

#24494 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi BluesMom-

I have battled that darn parasite too. I also have a couple of dogs making it tougher to stay on top of the poop. You didn’t mention the dewormer Panacur in your post. Have you tried using Panacur or Drontal Plus to get rid of them? A few of the regulars on this site also recommend using fresh garlic and/or pumpking seeds as well.

I’d be interested if anyone has any ideas on how to treat the entire yard as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.