šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    amy r

My girl is now just over a year old she came to us on proplan which we immediately switched off of to fromm large breed puppy. We did the slow wean ect. Runny to total liquid stools were the result several vet runs medications and different foods later I pulled her off any food with any poultry what’s so ever and put her on totw coastal het8stools were perfect in no time however she wasn’t eating it with gusts she was picking at it and eating very slowly (I was also adding salmon or sardines or Markel ) at about 9 months old I adding in a small amount of chicken soup large breed puppy to see how she did and see if I could get her to eat better which she did and I completely weaned her over to chicken soup no problem. Now skip ahead she is 13 months old and I am noticing some small skin stuff and itching my guess is the food chicken protein just isn’t working for her. I have looked at lots of foods and the only 2 I can seem to find that are totally chicken and egg free are totw ans arcana and suggestions or feedback on arcana are greatly appreciated totw is an option only she wasn’t crazy about it the first time around.

#92905 Report Abuse
    anonymous

What does the veterinarian that examined her advise? What is her diagnosis? Her condition may have nothing to do with the food. If it is pruritus and an undefined skin condition, I would consider making an appointment with a veterinary dermatologist, since this has been going on for a year/4 seasons.
    PS: Nutrisca salmon and chickpea is grain free/chicken free. It’s considered a limited ingredient food (check chewy dot com) however, if her allergies are environmental it won’t have much of an impact.

#92906 Report Abuse
    amy r

Her vet put her on id antibiotics ect I’d is a chicken based food which made things worse fish is definitely a food that works for her the skin just started the problem before was gi not skin related she is bathed regularly with biogroom herbal groom flea prevention applied months ect. Food is her trigger the food you suggested has egg which also on the no list for a dog with chicken issues.

#92907 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Regarding veterinary prescription dog foods, example: https://www.proplanveterinarydiets.com/products/ha-hydrolyzed-dog/
    Product Benefits
    Hydrolyzed protein is when the protein is broken down into small components which are less likely to cause a negative response in food sensitive dogs
    Low allergen carbohydrate source
    Highly digestible for optimal nutrient absorption
    Complete and balanced formula for adult dogs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.