šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Liz S
    Participant

My 3 dogs: italian greyhound, chihuahua and pug/boston terrier mix all get coconut oil once every night. Well, I started it 2 weeks ago and at the time I had some cans that I split between them. The coconut oil mixed in worked well. Until I ran out of wet food 3 days later. They’re on kibble and we aren’t going to buy cans. Only had them because my mom gave them to me. Anyway I tried mixing PB with the oil. Nope. Mixing it with salmon oil. Nope.

Any other ways I can try? ( simple ! )

TIA!

#67496 Report Abuse

Can’t you let the oil stay out a bit & drizzle it over the kibble? Is their a reason you give coconut oil every day? That’s how i gave it when i fed kibble.

#67499 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Are you having issues because it is solid? Or because the dogs don’t like the taste of it? If it is because it is solid, you can put some warm water in a cup and drop the coconut oil in the warm water and stir it in, then pour water and oil over the food. Coconut oil liquefies at over 75 degrees. If the problem is taste, I’m not much help.

#67533 Report Abuse
    Dori

What type of coconut oil are you using?

#67552 Report Abuse
    Nancy C

If you shop at Costco they have a large container of organic… maybe $15 at the most. Both my dogs LOVE it. Is like candy. I have read that the amount is 1 tsp per 10 to 20 lbs. I feed it separately after a meal or just put it in the meal dish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.