šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ALFRED B

Need to find a healthy food for my female adult german shepherd who refuses to eat royal canine

#73387 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Since you’ve paid for the Editor’s Choice, why not feed a food from the EC list?

#73412 Report Abuse
    ALFRED B

Will do but trying to narrow list down that’s why the post.

#73852 Report Abuse
    Frances A

I have a two year old GSD. I have fed him Taste of the Wild which he did well on and is highly rated. I recently switched him to Natures Variety and a homemade diet. His coat looks good on both, but he is shedding like a maniac right now. Can’t decide if it’s the food or the diet. Still working on it. At any rate, I’d recommend either.

#74595 Report Abuse
    Alan K

What about Blue wilderness Large Breed Adult
    It’s a 5 star rated food

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Alan K.
    #76028 Report Abuse
    Mark P

We have 2 shepherds, one 2.5yr old and one puppy. We have been feeding both of them Orijen with fantastic results. Excellent coats, no digestive or skin problems. The only down side is the cost, but the food is worth every penny.

#76030 Report Abuse
    Wendy S

I have 6 dogs, 3 are German shepherds ages 3, 1 & 3 months. I’ve tried every food out there for them to help them with their constant scratching plus I wanted to help with their coats, shedding & general wellness. I was paying crazy money for top brand dog food. Last “expensive” food I had them on was the Diamond Brand that you can find at Petsmart & Petco. Then someone told me that Costco brand food is made by the same company- Diamond! Holy heck I wish I knew this $2000.00 ago when I was paying for Fromm to be delivered fresh! lol

So that is my suggestion! We buy the chicken & rice formula that is the burgundy color bag at Costco! It’s a great food, rated high per this website & my shepherds are thriving on this! Good Luck!

#76037 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Hi Wendy- Before you recommend a Diamond product I would take a took at their long recall history and the fact that every brand that has come under Diamond has had a recall as soon as Diamond started manufacturing their foods. I also believe it was Diamond who the FDA said was using cardboard and duct tape to repair their machinery in their processing plants.

#76138 Report Abuse
    Wendy S

Pitlove,
    While I appreciate your concern, I am well aware of the recalls Diamond products have had however, there have not been any recalls since 2012. I think it is always important to have 3 foods you routinely alternate to lessen the chance of your animals becoming sick, if there indeed ends up being a recall. In all honesty, I do believe the best chance of avoiding recalls is to just cook your own food for your pets. In fact, this is a habit I am starting to have so I can have the control & peace of mind over what goes in their bodies.

#76142 Report Abuse
    Madelon H

I have a 14month old GSD recently diagnosed with EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency) – I switched him upon diagnosis to Taste of The Wild Sierra Mountain and he’s done great! A lot of GSD owners in my EPI group use TOTW with excellent results.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.