šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NectarMom

I just switched my dogs back to Brothers Allergy after having Pancreatitis with raw with two of my dogs and I feed the recommended amount to maintain weight and probiotics and enzymes and spirugreen all from mercola products and I mix just barely enough of wellness 95% turkey can food to coat to coat the kibble, I mean almost nothing. I also give wheatgrass powder which is suppose to help with gas and bloat but yet my dogs still have gas. What is giving them gas?

• This topic was modified 10 years, 11 months ago by NectarMom.
    #17587 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

They’re probably still in recovery mode so their gut is still probably not optimal. Are you giving them extra supplements or their normal dose? It hasn’t been that long has it? I thought they might still be on the homemade rice and turkey.

#17628 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

The turkey and rice did not go over well so my vet tried to put them on Hills ID and I refused to feed it so when we got our new batch of Brothers Allergy all of my dogs just gobbled it up with no loose stools since they have not had it in 5 weeks so I was surprised that we had no issues but I did limit how much I gave them at each feeding. I have increased the probiotics just a bit. I guess it just takes their systems a while to adjust. I am so happy that Brothers went back to the original ingredients because now once again my girls are loving their diet. Thanks for the reply, Sandy.

#17648 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Were they running a fever with the pancreatitis? Fevers can knock out gut bacteria, so that may be an issue in addition to the pancreas needing a break.

#17655 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

No they were not running a fever. I have not added any of the can food to their food today and so far no gas so I am pretty sure the gas is from just that tiny bit that I mixed in with the Brothers Allergy. I am seriously loving that Brothers went back to the original ingredients because my girls are eating it without can food. Thanks Brothers.

#17657 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m glad you figured out what was going on and have figured out something that works for you.

#17669 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Thanks Patty, Here is the strange part. We have been on Brothers for 2 weeks now and no acid reflux like before, maybe it was the menhaden fish meal that was causing it? Also my one short haired black chihuahua has stopped shedding fur everywhere like when we were on the Raw and stopped dragging her rear end even though her annals get done regularly so that was another sign that the Raw was irritating her intestines. Oh well now everything is looking normal. We might try to switch to beef Brothers allergy after a ways down the road just for variety.

#17671 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

That’s what I did. I stayed with the turkey until I had seen no symptoms for 2 months then I started rotating through all their flavors. I even feed one meal of the chicken every 3 days to my sensitive boy, so far so good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.