Fruitables Dog Treats

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Treats Fruitables Dog Treats

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Rudy_Chloe
    Participant

What are your pets experiences with Fruitables Dog Treats? I recently bought Pumpkin with Apple Flavor and my puppies love them as treats. And they have an overwhelming smell to them which they love as well. I looked online for reviews, but there weren’t too many. To the plus side, they are USA made so that’s awesome and they totally smell homemade. Any thoughts? Positive or Negative?

#22053 Report Abuse

theBCnut

For people feeding grinds, they are a convinient way to get some fruit and veg in the diet. They have some good ingredients in them. I like the idea, but mostly I’m too cheap.

#110108 Report Abuse

shadi N

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FRUITABLES DOG TREATS!!!! I purchased these treats from Whole Foods, I gave my 3yr pitbull/Lab 3 or 4 of these treats, she is like our baby, the sweet Potato & Duck and she got Acute Kidney failure! She started with upset stomach, vomiting, not eating, etc. She is currently in the hospital because they are trying to save her life by flushing her kidneys 24hrs a day. Please DO NOT feed your dog these treats. They’ll get sick.

#110110 Report Abuse

crazy4cats

Did you give some of the treats to the vet to be tested? I sure hope your pup makes it through this! Fingers crossed.

#110113 Report Abuse

shadi N

No I didn’t have the Vet test them but after reading an article poisonedpets.com, I know that she got poisoned by these treats because the Vets told me she got poisoned with something and it was right after I gave her the treats and there is a huge article on Sweet potato treats on that website. Thank you for your support and please keep our baby Kaya in your thoughts & prayers for her to pull through this.

#110119 Report Abuse

crazy4cats

I definitely will. It’s so scary! Just wish you could get them tested so they could be put on recall to stop it happening to anyone else.

How is she doing today?

#110123 Report Abuse

shadi N

She’s doing better, waiting for the second blood results to come back to see how shes doing, shes on 24hr IV fluids to flush out her kidneys but the Dr. is hopeful. Thank you for your thoughts & prayers and please try to get the words out on the treats, I throw away the bag, I wish I kept them for the Dr to test them but positive it was from the treats.

#110128 Report Abuse

crazy4cats

Glad to hear she is doing better. Were they jerky like treats?

#110145 Report Abuse

shadi N

yes that they were, Fuitables Duck & sweet Potato Jerky. Kaya is home & shes going back to the hospital tomorrow for more fluid therapy. Thank god her blood levels are coming down but not exactly back to normal. Thank you for your thoughts and please get the words out so hopefully no other animal will get hurt. All the best!

#110149 Report Abuse

crazy4cats

Good news. I’ve been staying away from jerky treats. Thanks for sharing.

#110194 Report Abuse

a c

I thought I read somewhere the Fruitable cookie treats are pretty good in ingredients. Not sure about the jerky.

#128620 Report Abuse

Melina F

Please help! My eight-month-old puppy is going through the same thing right now After feeding her Fruitables! How many times had you given your dog treats before they started with symptoms ?

#128626 Report Abuse

Melina F

The treats we used were the Fruitables apple and sweet potato, my dog started vomiting and it lasted 24 hours. The vet gave her several injections for antibiotics and fluids. I still have the bag, I want it tested but I don’t know where to send it! I’m filing a complaint with the FDA in the morning.

#130798 Report Abuse

Mocha B

I have a hard time believing these dog treats caused either of your dogs to go into kidney failure. There are about 5 whole food ingredients in these treats.

Please be honest with yourself about what really caused your dogs to have these issues. My dog is 12 and has been eating these for quite some time. She is healthy and in good shape.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.