šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rae V

I feel like I’ve been researching dog food my entire life? Seems when I find one that works, either the dog changes or the company does!
    I’m considering switching my 12+ year old very active bearded collie from Taste of the Wild to either Fromm Salmon a la Veg or Earthborn Coastal Catch. He can’t have grains or chicken.
    Any opinions on one or the other would be appreciated!

I also may try my 8 year old beardie girl on whatever he ends up with. She began vomiting after several years on TOTW and was on ID food from the vet for about a year. She tolerates it, but I think it’s crap. I transitioned her to Blue Buffalo, then read about that mess! So, if either of the two I’ve mentioned is easier to digest, that may help, too. I’d love to have them both on the same food.

Thanks!

#79004 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Personal opinion is I like both brands, but at heart I am a Fromm girl. My dog does amazing on it and I really love the company and the quality of the food. Only thing is the Salmon A la Veg is grain based, so if he can’t have grains that one is probably out.

INGREDIENTS
    Salmon, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Pearled Barley, Potatoes, Oatmeal, White Rice, Dried Whole Egg, Salmon Oil, Millet, Dried Tomato Pomace, Safflower Oil, Cheese, Flaxseed, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Apples, Green Beans, Chicken Cartilage, Potassium Chloride, Monosodium Phosphate, Cranberries, Blueberries, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Chicory Root Extract, Alfalfa Sprouts, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Taurine, Parsley, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Vitamins, Minerals, Probiotics.

#79086 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I have had great success with Earthborn Coastal Catch and half of the Earthborn GF recipes (except Primitive Naturals – Bruno seems to be intolerant of tomato pomace, and the Meadow something, the lamb one – too low in protein so I haven’t fed it). So really Coastal Catch and Great Plains Feast have worked well for us, but I like them a lot and would keep them in rotation.

#79093 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Naturella!
    Great to hear from you! I am thinking of feeding a seafood kibble next. I will put Earthborn on my list of possibilities. Thanks and welcome back. Hope everything is good!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.