🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Can someone tell me about fresh pet’s home made soft food. It must be ne because I didn’t see it in the editors choice fresh pet foods.thanks

#71239 Report Abuse
    Jane E

Can’t wait to read the replies. I have wondered about it too

#71277 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Here’s 179 so-so reviews on Fresh Pet (link below). If you start with the lowest ratings first, you’ll read things like pets wouldn’t go near it, the food “sparked” in the microwave, and pups vomiting or getting ill. It also contains Carrageenan. I always see their products in open refrigerators (no flaps or doors) and wonder who would buy products from iffy temperatures.

https://www.influenster.com/reviews/review/freshpet-pet-food/reviews

#71279 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I’m not sure which FreshPet formula you’re referring to in particular, but in general, I like the product very much. I use it occasionally in my rotation and would use it more frequently if my wouldn’t be so expensive to feed it to my big dog. My dogs like it, and their stool quality is excellent when they eat it. I prefer the Select Grain Free bag meals (as opposed to the chubs) simply for convenience. I’m eager to try their new Vital Raw Patties. I’ll occasionally pick up a big to mix things up a bit for a day.

#71284 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Weezerweeks-

Fresh Pet has a new line of food called Fresh Baked Recipes: http://freshpet.com/our-foods/our-brands/fresh-baked/

Is this what you are talking about? It looks great to me. I have previously fed my dogs a few of the Fresh Pet Select rolled formulas as toppers. Like, DogFoodie, I also think they were great. My dogs both loved it and they had no digestive upset whatsoever. It is a little too expensive for me to feed on a regular basis as I have a small herd of cats and dogs at my house! But, I will definitely buy again and if I had less mouths to feed I would feed it regularly.

I think you should give it a try and let us know how it goes!

#71286 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

The only reason I didn’t think think she was talking about the Fresh Baked was because that’s definitely like a kibble. It’s not soft, it’s crunchy. We were talking about it recently and it does have fairly low meat based protein and is pretty pea protein heavy. I did pick up a bag for my Cavalier, but haven’t opened it yet. I’m going to use it next. The bag has little pin-holes on the sides and my pup was sniffing around it like crazy this morning!

#71287 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

And freshpet is in editor’s choice

#71288 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

DF- So, does it need to be refrigerated? Honestly, I just looked at the picture and thought it looked yummy!! LOL! I just assumed it would be soft and need to be refrigerated like their other products. Let us know what your pup thinks. 🙂

She hasn’t been back so I’m not sure still if that is what she was referring to?

Weezer…. where are you?

#71290 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Nope, it’s crunchy kibble. It does look good and apparently smells tasty also. I’m eager to give it a try!

It’s my guess that they’re competing with the soon to be released TruFood Wellness products.

#71297 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Hi crazy4cats you will get this. My 8 rescue cats at our Subway had 2 visitors today. I found 2 kittens under the building. I’d say their 4 weeks old but they came out trying to eat the others food. My 8 soon to be a year old cats ran they were scared of the kittens. The fresh pet food is fresh pet select fresh from the kitchen. It is like homemade. It has shredded chicken,cranberries,carrots and spinach plus vitamins and minerals. It shows the girl on their website making it. It looks real good. I only feed canned and freezedried so I thought I might try this.I assume you have to refrigerate it but it didn’t mention how long it last or anything.

#71305 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

That’s funny!!! The babies are gonna be 1 already? You still have al of them. That’s great. Do you think the kittens are more strays? I hope not.

The fresh pet food does look delish! Actually better than most of our human meals! Let us know whT it’s like.

#71308 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I think you’re referring to the FreshPet Select bagged meals that I mentioned previously.

As I said, I use them and like them. Use, they do have to be refrigerated and used within seven days of opening the bag.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.