šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zach M

So what can you add to dog food to make a dog feel more full? I have heard from of adding green beans to a dog food, but anything else, and why?

#55473 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

A couple things….I assume you think your dog isn’t full; if yes, what makes you think that? Why do dogs need to feel full? We, as humans, don’t *need* to feel full, just satisfied.

#55475 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Some people whose dogs need a severe diet, get hung up on the volume of food that they feed. Some dogs have learned that if they beg, they will get more food. Some people think that if their dog begs, it must need more.

Just like for a person who over eats, dogs that are fed too big a volume of food, what to eat that volume of food. That does not mean they are suffereing, or that they actually need that volume, but it does mean that they will not ever get used to the smaller proper amount of food. Sometimes tough love is what is called for.

If someone feels a need to increase the volume of their dogs food, any non poisonous, low calorie, high fiber veggie will do.

#55479 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Thanks BCnut! Ginger needs to lose 3 pounds, and she has had a slight cut back if food. I was just wondering what else to help her feel full.

#55486 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Feeling full is usually associated with overeating. Not a good thing to encourage. Eating enough is enough. Satisfaction comes from having protein and fat requirements met. Try to let her get used to what satified feels like.

#55504 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

Tough love is right, it’s hard to say no to those big eyes, isn’t it? I have the same problem with Jake, he always follows me to the kitchen just in case he can mooch. I throw him a baby carrot once in a while.

#55513 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yes, it’s hard.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.