Food for a sensitive labradoodle puppy

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Food for a sensitive labradoodle puppy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kb779

I have a 6 month old labradoodle. We started him off on blue buffalo freedom puppy food when we got him at 9 weeks but he started having occasional gas then 2 weeks ago started having pretty bad diarrhea. We started him on a shredded chicken, pumpkin and rice diet to curb the diarrhea and after a week of that it was still pretty soft but the gas was gone. We switched to ground beef and it cleared up pretty quickly after that.

Our trainer recommended Fromm Pork and applesauce because we thought he might be sensitive to chicken and because the trainer thought the blue buffalo might be too protein heavy. This week we started him off on the new food but now he seems to be much more itchy than normal and he is farting even more than before. We’ve cut out the treats to rule them out but he still gets gassy after meals.

I really need some advice on a good dog food. There are so many options out there and so far we’ve had bad luck.

#32757 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Look at is the Fiber % this may be his problem too high. My dog cant have high Fiber nothing over 3%, also Flaxseed.. I found that he gets real gassy & poos when a kibble has Flaxseed in it.. at lot of the kibbles have flaxseed now & peas & pea fiber all these can cause gas problems.. If you can find a low fiber with no peas or Flaxseed, Id love to know.. I have my boy on the Eukanuba ‘Intestinal’ it has stopped his itching, his gas & sloppy poo’s its low fiber 1.75% with no Flaxseed..He does 2 normal poos a day now..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.