šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    theBCnut

My wonderful SIL brought this to my attention in a discussion about essential oils and I immediately thought of how it affected so many people here, especially Dog Foodie.
    http://science.psu.edu/news-and-events/2008-news/Sheets3-2008.htm?hc_location=ufi

#70661 Report Abuse
    Rajeev S

The dog gets 10% chance of affecting allergies.some common thing that could trigger a food allergy is a genetic problem. The most common allergies are beef,wheat,egg,dairy,chicken,lamp,pork,and fish. Sometimes young animals treated with antibiotics that could be the other reason for the allergy later in life. The primary symptom is itchy skin affecting primarily in face,feet,ears and aoundthe anus. It may also include hair loss.
    The diagnosis is that feed them a novel food source of protein and carbohydrate for at least 12 weeks.

#70967 Report Abuse
    Rajeev S

Fats and oils are very much necessary for the balanced diet of healthy adult animals. A diet provides 10-15 percent fat and that is essential to maintain health. As it is ,it also have the other side,ie,it becomes a problem when dogs are allowed to eat more fat content foods and calorie foods without giving enough exercise to balance it.if the fat contents are too low then dogs can develop dry,itchy skin and dull coat. Unlike humans,dogs never worry about the cholesterol problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.