Food Allergies making finding a food difficult

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Food Allergies making finding a food difficult

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ShepherdMom

I have a german shepherd x Belgian shepherd. He is allergic to:
    Potatoes (very)
    Chicken
    Fish
    Rice
    Peas
    Barley
    Anyone have a suggestion for a dry food? Right now we are feeding Natures Instinct but would like other options.

#23086 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Any particular kind of fish that he’s allergic to? And do you mean white potato? I was going to suggest Nature’s Logic which has sardine meal in. Grandma Lucy’s Pureformance. Great Life Grain Free. Canine Caviar grain free Buffalo or Open Sky, I and Love and You Red Meat Medley (has herring meal).

#23099 Report Abuse

I would say Natures Logic too if pup is ok w/ sardine. My boy can’t have salmon or white fish but does fine w/ sardines. He’s doing great on NL beef formula.

#23104 Report Abuse
    ShepherdMom

Hi Pug Mom Sandy. Thank you for your reply.
    The fish allergy test was for a mix – Catfish, Cod, Herring, Mackerel and White fish and it was considered significant (280 out of 400). We were told not to give him any Omega 3’s from fish oil.
    The potato is white potato but as a significant allergen (291), the vet suggested avoiding sweet potato also.
    Thanks Freehold Hound. I will check with the vet to see if sardines would be OK.

#23136 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Go to the Dog Food ingredients sub forum, at the top is a stickie of grain & potato free foods. You’ll have to find the foods website and see which ones don’t have the proteins your dogs can’t have but it’s a start.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.