🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shawn a

I’m about to start my dog on program plus so I need some suggestion on safe flea meds

#66461 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I’m very partial to straight, plain ol’ lufenuron. I buy it from a Little City Dogs, either on their website, or from Amazon. It’s cheap and effective, and the best part is it’s not a pesticide, and is safe even at extreme overdoses.

#66462 Report Abuse
    shawn a

what name does little city dogs use on amazon

#66465 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I was actually just on there looking for it because I’m running low, and they no longer sell on Amazon. They were having a huge problem with another brand trying snipe their sales. However, everything is still available on their website, Little City Dogs .com. Everything is free shipping, too! 🙂

#66466 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I use a combination of Sentinel once a month, which contains lufenuron as a flea preventative and also prevents heart worms and several intestinal worms, and Mercola Natural Defense flea and tick spray twice a week. I’ve been doing this for about a month now, and so far, so good. (Knock on wood!)

#66467 Report Abuse
    BeachDogs

I also buy from Little City Dogs and have been pleased. Saw there flea killer, same as Capstar, work magic on a senior Chihuahua I found. I came home from work 5 hours later and there were 100’s of dead fleas in his bedding. My pups stay on LCD’s lufenuron monthly throughout the year. I’m in the south.

#66475 Report Abuse
    shawn a

program plus is same stuff as sentinel so wouldn’t I just need the generic capstar to kill the adult fleas

#66517 Report Abuse
    BeachDogs

Yes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.