Fish Bones in Wet Dog Food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Fish Bones in Wet Dog Food

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael R

I purchased Natural Balance 2.75 oz. Whitefish & Sweet Potatoe Formula in Broth to use as a topper on my dogs Natural Balance Kibble. I purchased 6 containers at my local PETCO. So far three of the containers have long pointy fish bones in them. I called the 800 number associated with Natural Balance customer service and advised them yesterday. The batch expires 3/18/21, They have the letters DFS and then numbers 9078455 and letters RP047. The representative said this food is hand shredded and has chunks of fish in it and they could have missed some bones. She was supposed to notify their corporate offices. You can’t miss the bones!! Thank God I saw them. I’m going to PETCO now to also advise them.
    If this isn’t the correct forum to share this information then please repost it correctly.

#144494 Report Abuse
    joanne l

Hi Michael thanks for letting us know. I won’t feed it. Some fish bones are soft so that you can smash them with your fingers, but if they are sharp throw it out. I give my dog human grade salmon in the can, the one in the supermarket people eat and they have bones but they are soft to smash up and he eats it. But who knows what the heck they put in dog food cans.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.