šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nancy M

I can’t seem to find any brand of tripe (regardless of formula or flavor), that does not have carrogeean as an ingredient. Is there any out there? Why is this ingredient necessary? Is it really harmful? What’s an alternative?

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

#30217 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Are you willing to order a box of the real stuff? My Pet Carnivore, Hare Today, and Texas Tripe all have frozen green tripe with nothing added.

#30227 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Also GreenTripe.com is carried by some retailers and there is freeze dried tripe (of course, this is the most expensive). If you’re worried about carrageenan, don’t feed canned products every day. After all, alot of canned products also have BPA!

Dr Harvey’s, K9 Natural, Vital Essentials have freeze dried tripe. I use Merrick 96% tripe and frozen tripe.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by pugmomsandy.
    #32289 Report Abuse
    LindaW

If you feed canned tripe, Trippett is the only one with 99% tripe; the other ingredient is garlic and of course that stupid carra gum. Fresh raw green tripe from aplaceforpaws.com is awesome. Expensive though. I get mine from Top Quality Raw which is based in Maryland but makes a food run up the East Coast (I’m in NH) once monthly. Basically its a food club, I guess. But it is grass fed beef and bison and now sheep tripe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.