šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jayni

Hello everyone,

I have bought supplements for my senior dogs, both 10 years old, to help with their joints so I am getting the glucosonine, chondroitin sulfate, MSM, calcium and have started also buying frozen mackerel and sardines recently for omega 3 and arthritis, especially my big lab (not fat).

Question is: how many mid size sardine fish should I give my 77 lbs lab and 37 lbs beagle? Both could stand to shed 2 pounds and are still very active, but lab has slowed down considerably. And at what frequency or intervals?

Question 2 – do I still need to give them their daily supplements along with the sardine fish, or is the latter good enough, or would it be too much together or unnecessary?

I have 2 Supplements – Pro-Sense Joint Solutions, Advanced strength (4 tablets for lab; 2 for Beagle x) and another (not open yet) +PetNaturals of Vermont Hip + Joint tablets (would be in the same portion amounts as the latter).

Or, again,if there are better supplements (since these do not show omaga 3), I’m open to recommendations for senior dogs with Arthritis who already eat fresh sardines, but cooked cuz my lab won’t eat a raw fish. He’ll take it and walk off but won’t rip into it like the other.

Thank you! I know this was long to read! Am looking forward to hear your advice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.