šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have ordered Natures’s Logic from Chewys.com and it came today, one bag was open wtih food out into box, other bag looked like it had been played football with! Paper was all thin and just ready to tear! I called Chewys and they were very nice and sent out two new bags of food to replace. I told them I have set up the auto delivery for the food and if these two new bags don’t look better I will cancel and go elsewhere. I think it is very good customer service that they were immediately helpful, I like that. Anyone else have problems with the product delivered from Chewys? Their prices are great, no shipping costs for $49 and over. Please, tell me what you all like best for your on line ordering. Thanks! Beth

#13186 Report Abuse
    DieselJunki

I’ve never ordered from Chewys but I ordered from petfooddirect.com recently. It wasn’t listed on their website that the VittlesVault comes from factory (making it take 7-10 days to get delivered). I ordered my things next day as I am moving Friday or Saturday. Well all my things came except for the Vittles Vault. I called them up and they explained it. When I told them I was moving and that’s why I ordered it next day and that I probably wasn’t going to be at this place when it arrived they told me to call them with my new address if it did not arrive and they will send one to my new address. I thought that was amazing, as I thought I was going to be out $$ and something to put my dogs food in!

#13356 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been researching the on line stores and dog.com looks really good. They have the free shipping over $60 and auto order and their prices look up to $10 cheaper per item. They have Natures Logic. I will see how my next products look when they come on Friday. But for the cheaper price I may try dog.com. Beth

#13357 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

IMO – Wag.com is hands down the best online site to order from. Big selection of food and non-food items and free 2 day shipping on orders of $49 and I’ve found that as long as my order is placed before noon, oftentimes I’ll get my order the next day. My other go to sites for online shopping are naturalk9supplies.com (free shipping), doggiefood.com (free shipping), petflow.com (free shipping), pethealthandnutritioncenter.com (flat rate shipping), thedogmaonline.com (frozen raw items), mypetcarnivore.com (frozen raw items), hare-today.com (frozen raw items).

#13379 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’ve been ordering from petflow since last year and so far none of my packages have been in disarray. I’ve ordered kibble (30 lb bags) and freeze dried from them. The 30 lb bags fit nicely in the box and don’t have wiggle room and then they fill the rest of the box with packing bubbles.

#13499 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I have used PetFlow, Wag.com and Chewys.com for food, with good luck. I oredered from doggiefood.com once…..in November. Ordered eleven bags of a food that was on sale, after two weeks, I cancelled. IMO if the website says it’s in stock, then darn it, send my food. Don’t give me a bunch of lip about it being on backorder.
    I also order alot from KVVet (supplies) and for particular stuff, Kurgo.com and Boomerangtags.com

#13609 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The two new bags of food came from Chewy’s and they were not torn open but in no better shape. Maybe I am being too picky. The boxes had one piece of tape that was loose in many spots, box all beat up and looked like it would come open at any moment. Neither box had anything to help pack or keep food from flopping around. Just the bags in boxes. When my order comes from Wysong or Only Natural Pet they are nice looking bags and packed well with whatever needed to keep bags pretty stable and the boxes are well taped. Chewy’s cannot help what the delivery guy does, but they can be prepared for him. I did cancel my auto order and will try one of the others mentioned above next time. I didn’t use Only Natural Pet again because it was more in price and did not offer the free shipping. Chewy’s is prompt and has good prices but I just don’t trust what is going on in that warehouse! Beth

#15433 Report Abuse
    sisu
    Participant

I have been ordering from chewy.com for 2-3 years. There is not much packing inside the boxes. All shipments have arrived intact with no undue kibble dust in each bag. Best by dates have always been recent. I have had several friends go to chewy from wag.com due to lower prices. We are not interested in coupons or special deals. We want the best price as soon as we are ready to order. The chewy site notes locations in PA and FL. All of our shipments are coming from PA which takes a day longer than if shipped from FL.

I have ordered from wag.com. Shipping is fast. Their prices are a few dollars higher than chewy.com. To me, there is a bit of wasteful use of packing inside each box. Wag.com charges sales tax directly for several states.

petflow.com has a larger selection than the 2 mentioned above. Their prices are also consistently a few dollars higher.

Check amazon.com before ordering. If they are seling the food directly at the time it can be very cost effective. If box and bag appearance are important amazon may not be the best option as their packing is similar to chewy’s. I have received more damaged boxes from amazon than any other online retailer. The contents have never been damaged.

#27522 Report Abuse
    Janice
    Participant

I have ordered from wag.com. Shipping is fast. Their prices are a few dollars higher than chewy.com. To me, there is a bit of wasteful use of packing inside each box. Wag.com charges sales tax directly for several states.

#28319 Report Abuse
    Susan

I have been ordering from Chewy’s and last shippment did have some packing issues and torn bag of dog food. They went above and beyond to replace items. I also use and like PetFoodDirect. Chewy’s seems to be a little cheaper so they are my first choice.

#28855 Report Abuse
    gmcbogger38

I have used Chewy.com probably 10 times ordering food and other items and never had any issues. I love the prices and the 2 day shipping.

#29440 Report Abuse
    shilodakotamom
    Participant

I have never had a problem with Chewy’s. I have always gotten exemplary service, last week I didn’t review my order before I hit send, and ordered the wrong thing. Luckily they man the phones 24 hours a day, I called got a real person, explained what happened what I needed and didn’t need. They added an item, took an item off, and wow with a $4.95 flat shipping charge it arrived in 3 days! I also have a good relationship with Darwin’s, they let me change my auto ship dates as often as I need no questions asked.

#29452 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I just made my first online order for dog food. I ordered Victor Grain Free through Amazon. I was quite pleased with the transaction. The food arrived promptly and in a nice, appropriate sized box. Absolutely no damage to either the box or the bag. I also received free shipping. You guys have been right all along. It is a great way to buy dog food!

#29520 Report Abuse
    Molzy

Wag.com has a great offer for new customers right now, 25% off your first food purchase! Plus a lot of their foods are on sale right now, I just got a 10 lb box of Honest Kitchen Keen (normally $60) for $38! I ordered from them a few weeks ago and got the box within two days, free shipping! So I ordered again today, under my boyfriends name and address to stock up.

I also love Amazon, I’ve ordered Honest Kitchen, Merrick dry food, and Chicken Soup canned dog food from Amazon, and all were great prices and arrived undamaged and fast (I have amazon prime, so free two day shipping!).

#30072 Report Abuse
    Dutch

I prefer to order directly from the pet food company, but I also support my local pet store- they can order some, but not all, of what I need if they don’t already carry it.

#30176 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I ordered from Wag the other day and got the most beat up box that I have ever seen. I realize that the beating happened while it was in the posession of UPS, but when you package a 25# bag of dry food in a box big enough for 50# and don’t put much of any packing material in the box, the bag is going to shift, causing the poor UPS guy to drop it several times. The second box packed the exact same way, on the exact same day, was just fine, but both bags of food could have fit in the same box. Fortunately, all the dropping didn’t rip the bag.

#30685 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Well I just took advantage of the 25% off for new customers at Wag that Molzy mentioned earlier. I hope my package comes in better shape than Patty’s did. The price was sure right, though.

#30695 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

That’s why I ordered from them! The actual bag of food was untouched by some miracle, just the box was beat to death.

#30723 Report Abuse

I really love ordering from Chewy’s. Their prices are consistently lower than other sites, including Wag, and they offer fast, free shipping over $49. I have never had a damaged box. When I ordered from Wag, the boxes were unnecessarily large and full of packing material, which I did not like. The customer service at Chewy’s is great [I’ve called and chatted online to reps], replacement products/missing items are sent with no fuss and we have even gotten personalized, signed postcards from the founders/staff [which is not needed, but very sweet and makes me feel good. Plus they decorate Daisy’s ‘box of dog stuff’]. They have many customers who have written very helpful product reviews, including many who mention DFA! [I’m actually a top 10 contributor.]
    Plus, last time we ordered they sent us 10 boxes of Capstar [6 doses @ $22.76] instead of the 1 we ordered – so the extras were a nice holiday gift and are making their way onto eBay [and selling for at least $20 each!] to offset all previous Chewy and online pet retail spending!

I’ve spent DAYS browsing for pet sites and comparing prices. My top suggestions are Chewy, Wag and Drs Foster and Smith, definitely.

#30820 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Well, I got my first order from Wag today. And just like several have said, it came in a huge box with lots of those air pillow things stuffed in with it. The dogs loved the packing and the cats loved the box. The bag of food was in perfect shape and the expiration date good. So hopefully the food works out. They certainly liked how it smelled. Oh yes, and it came in two days just like promised.

#31288 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Has anyone ordered from RocketPetz dot com? If yes, what was your experience? Thank you.

#31535 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I have ordered from all kinds of different sites and haven’t had really any problems with any of them. Recently, I placed an order with Chewy’s. It came in the allotted time frame and the box was perfectly fine. But, when I opened it, it was missing some of the items even though the packing list listed everything I ordered. I immediately called their customer service and they were very nice. In addition to mailing out the missing items, they also gave me a credit for them! What good customer service. I will order from them in the future because they have some of the Vetri Science supplements I use that I can’t get anywhere else, but I do hope they check the order to the packing slip better next time.

#31606 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Sorry it was missing some stuff but very nice of them to give you a credit.

#32812 Report Abuse
    Rahat

There are many online store to order dog foods. I have ordered dog foods from so many sites and its tough to decide the favourite one. Here is one of my favourite site http://www.bowwowbeautyshoppe.com/ . I used to shop dog cookies, cakes and many other items from the above site named groomers san diego and those items are realy good. Thanks everyone and feeling good by sharing my favourite site.

#34399 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

As I posted before, I order some of my dogs’ food from Chewy.com because I can’t get it locally. Recently I ordered some Dr. Tim’s from them. I ordered cat and dog. With the cat food I had to order a big bag because they were out of the small bag (and I didn’t want to wait to try it). I will store the bag in another container to keep it fresh. The expiry date was a good one for the cat food, out to 2015. However, with the dog food I ordered two 5 lb. bags, one of regular Kinesis and one of grain free Kinesis. Both bags came in good shape but their expiry dates are in April of this year! I takes at least a month, or more, for my dogs to go through a small bag like that so I was disappointed in the dates. I don’t think I put any note on the order about expiry dates but still….I was in the process of transitioning to Victor but now I’m going to have to start the Dr. Tim’s due to the dates being short. The food smells fine and the dogs love it, but I’m just disappointed that the dates aren’t farther out. Next time I’m ordering a medium sized bag and will definitely put a note on the order saying I prefer the latest expiry date they have, or better yet, I’ll call and order and ask them what their dates are. I guess this is the one thing that bothers me about ordering online, you can’t physically see the bag and what the date is. Oh well, lesson learned.

#34400 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yes, Mom2Cavs, that is what I dislike about ordering online also. I like to check the bags for tears and expiration dates before I purchase. It’s so difficult to return food online if there is a problem. You most likely just have to “eat” the costs. Plus, it’s nice to support our local pet stores if possible. I have gotten some expired or close to expired supplements when ordering from Amazon. But, so far, I’ve had great luck ordering dog food from Amazon, Wag and Petco. I am going to be trying rocketpetz in the next week.

#34404 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Crazy: there is no problem whatsoever returning to Chewy. You have 365 days to return.

#34413 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Yeah, Marie, I could return it but decided to just go ahead and transition to it first and save Victor for later. I think the problem is only with Dr. Tim’s, too, as I ordered some small bags of Annamaet and they were dates way out. I want to start a rotation of Annamaet, Dr. Tim’s, Fromm and Victor.

#36103 Report Abuse
    kvee

Chewy and Amazon.

Chewy’s free shipping services have gotten a bit… slow.

#36133 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Even though they just sell Victor dog food, I love Sportdogfood.com!! They are so nice to work with. I still use Chewy’s, too. I like to order my small dog gear from a few different stores, like Gollygear.com, Baxterboo.com, Gwlittle.com. And the cutest harnesses come from Udogu.com lol. Oh, I almost forgot Fabuleash.com!

#36143 Report Abuse
    thegoodlife

https://www.wholebites.com

products are fairly limited but they do offer free shipping and have the BEST liver treats šŸ˜€

#67915 Report Abuse
    John P

I’m really sorry to revive this old thread, but has anyone ever ordered from PetFoodStation.com? I’ve looked at all of the sites everyone is recommending, and that seems to be the only one I can find that has the four varieties that I need in stock (or even carries all four different ones) ā€” this rotational feeding with lots of different proteins is going to stretch my imagination and my budget.

#79065 Report Abuse
    David T

Hello All, I have bought from Chewy’s and they are a good service. I since swicthed to Amazon for my dog. I read many of the comments and likethe above post, let me appologize in advance for reviningthis old thread. I designed my new site myself, Petspectation.com and the concept is different because I want to create a site where I offer unlimited dog food delivery for a set price, kind of like Netflix where you are able to share and send your friends deliveries as well, all included. I would love to have the opinion of my website http://www.petspectation.com

#79069 Report Abuse
    Dori

Well, David T. I just checked out your site to see what brands you carry and for the most part, and from being on DFA for a number of years now, the only quality brands that I saw that you carry are, in order, Orijen, Acana and to a much lesser extent, Fromm. Most, if not all, of the other brands you carry are the ones that most of us stay away from for various reasons.

I’m going to check your site out again because I just started wondering how you can sell Orijen and Acana for $39 per month.

#79071 Report Abuse
    David T

Hi Dori,

Thank you for your email and thank you so much for your valuable input on our site. Our brands will change from time to time, and we’ll be adding many more brands, including Orijen, Acana and others in the near future for different pet breed types. At the launch we have at this moment those four types, however, we will maintain that price of 39$ a month, irregardless of the type of brand we sell. You can see the different brands we sell at: http://www.petspectation.com/Dog-And-Cat-Food-Brands-We-Sell-and-Deliver.html and this week’s selections, that we’ll continue to add at: http://www.petspectation.com/Unlimited-Dog-and-Cat-Food-Delivery-Selections.html

Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime if you have any questions, it would be my pleasure to assist you.

Thank you

David Tartamella

#79072 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

So, any bag of food is $39 per month? IE, the big bag of Orijen or Fromm 4 Star Grain Free? However, when I click this week’s selections, there is absolutely nothing I would even consider using. There are a few brands I do use (Orijen, Fromm, Wellness CORE) but i don’t even see those an option for me right now.

#79077 Report Abuse
    C4D

I’m sorry David T, but I do not believe this is possible. I fed Orijen for many years and this was several years ago. I can’t even remember when Orijen was $39.99 for the large bag. This seems like a scam. Pedigree is cheaper on several other sites than you’re charging. Links (because it’s me):

Pedigree:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pedigree-Adult-Complete-Nutrition-Dry-Dog-Food-50-lbs/42425073

Purina Dog Chow (UGH):

http://www.pet360.com/product/275/purina-dog-chow-complete-and-balanced-total-care-nutrition-dry-dog-food

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Purina-Dog-Chow-Dry-Dog-Food-Complete-Bonus-Size-50-lb-Bag-Dogs/38056050

I’m not going any further. All of these prices are well below yours and I think you’re only on here to promote your website, which is selling garbage at overmarket prices. You are using the good brands as an enticement, and hopefully people will be smart enough to catch on, but I posted this in case they’re not.

#79078 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

My boss and I just recently discussed this because she was pricing Zignature when we first got the line in. She ended up contacting Zignature because she usually refers to chewy.com to see what they price something for and then goes a few $ higher than that. Zignature actually told my boss that chewy.com was priced TOO low and they would have to contact them because they could NOT legally do that. That leads me to believe that if David does continue his business and adds Orijen or Acana or any of the more costly brands of food…he probably won’t be in business too much longer.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Pitlove.
    #79081 Report Abuse
    C4D

Pitlove,

I understand what you mean. Everyone around my area are all priced about the same and usually comparable to online. The only difference in pricing is when they are discontinuing a line or having some kind of special pricing to promote a new line. I do take full advantage of this. šŸ™‚

#79082 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

David,

Petflow doesn’t require a subscription. You order. You pay for the order. If you order enough, shipping is free; if not, you pay for shipping. Your site requires a membership of $39 per month whether you order anything or not, right?

#79083 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Oh of course! We do that all the time at work. Some other cool things that a few companies including Fromm, Zignature and NutriSource let us do is give away a free 4 or 5lb bag for a customer looking to switch over to try and my boss gets reimbursed.

#79085 Report Abuse
    C4D

David T,

Just to add to the craziness of your site, Meow Mix (double UGH!) 16 lb is only $9.99 @ Petsmart! What kind of spammer/scammer is this? You’re charging 4 times the price? I seriously hope that your info is deleted as spam!

#79090 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

David, if we have this many questions, it’s because this information isn’t readily available or isn’t clear on your website. Any potential customer will feel there’s something shady going on and steer clear on your site in what would be an abundance of caution. Are you telling me it’s $39 for me to order as much food as I want, up to one bag of kibble for week for a dog?

#79094 Report Abuse
    C4D

David T,

I went back and read through your links and I still find them unclear, but I may be missing something. I do find several problems with your site. You state that you carry premium foods, yet the only choices you have are very limited (2 choices of dog food, not 4) subpar options, something I would never choose. So I would be paying $39/month for nothing I would buy. You state that you are different as I can schedule whenever when I want. I am signed up on a website for autoship and yet I can go back and change my delivery to a different time, any day I choose, sooner or later than the original autoship date. I can also change the products I want. So how is your ordering policy different?

I find it very difficult to believe that you would carry a true premium brand (Orijen, Acana, Wellness, Merrick or Fromm) as shown on your site and sell that for unlimited shipments of large bags for $39. A medium size bag of many of these brands sells for more than $39, yet you say the customer can order either a medium or large bag. I think most customers would be ordering large bags of the premium food that costs $100+. I see you do have a requirement of ordering 2 days after receiving the shipment. I’ve ordered online from several sites and some delivery times are better than others. Some come in a couple of days and others come in several weeks. Unlimited is without any qualifications but you have qualifed it by adding a requirement that seems to disallow unlimited bags ordered. This in itself is a bit deceiving.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unlimited

I’m sorry, but this still doesn’t make sense as a business, which does appear that either you are very inexperienced in business or it’s a shady operation.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by C4D.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by C4D.
    #79096 Report Abuse
    Dutch

It all doesn’t make sense, period.

Not sure why he’s allowed to keep posting here. Does Chewy.com post here? Other companies?

#79098 Report Abuse
    David T

CD4,

Thank you for you r response.

I am not sure if you are one of our customers, but why would you call our business shady if you have not tried our service?

While it’s not in my best interest as an entrepreneur and business owner to discuss in detail our business strategy or agreements with our fulfillment partners, it’s my pleasure to offer you information about my business.

Petspectation.com offers a cost effective way to procure unlimited dog food deliveries, within the allowance of the package plans. Over time we will be pleased to update our terms and conditions and introduce other tools to make the shopping experience one our clients are enjoying.

Lastly, I have been an entrepreneur since 1996, and business start-ups are my passion. I specialize in e-commerce, long before many consumers even-used to the web.

While I appreciate your feedback, I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this with you, if you’d like today.

Based on your latest reply, I sense a tone of “resentment” over my idea and am appalled at calling my business idea shady or a scam when in fact I believe you are not a customer of ours nor, have tried our service.

So… As in GE’s popular commercial, I’ll answer your latest post by suggesting that you think my “idea is scary”, as in this commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfmQvc6tB1o

Enjoy your day!

#79099 Report Abuse
    David T

Dear Dutch,

I am posting her because I am a member of this forum, like you, and also It’s my pleasure to discuss publicly more about my service built as a cost effective way to save on dog food.

Additionally, I have created a coupon code for an additional 10% off until October 15th which you can see at a separate post feed on this forum at: /forums/topic/unlimited-dog-food-website-coupon/

Have a great day!

#79100 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

David- What I’m saying is, your business model is not actually legal and I’m willing to bet that if you try selling anything made by Champion Pet Foods (Orijen/Acana) you’re looking at a lawsuit. Their bags of Tundra cost over 100$ for the biggest bag. There is no way they would allow you to sell Tundra for 39$ without taking some legal action. Also I can’t imagine you would make much money that way given how much it costs you as the retailer to buy such a product.

#79104 Report Abuse
    David T

Dear Pitlove,

Thank you for your response. Why would my business model be “illegal”? I am curious as to pointing out to me the code in the law that you are referring to.

As I explained in earlier replies in this thread, our dog food delivery brands change from time to time, and at the moment we do not offer Orijen/Acana in our availability, however will in the future through agreements we have with our fullfillment partners.

And as a consumer, it’s entirely up to you to have the choice where you would like to procure your dog food, whether it be from us or another preferred vendor.

Ok, have a great Sunday!

David

#79105 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

I believe Pitlove is referring to the majority of companies having a minimum retail requirement, though I don’t know if it’s a law. I still don’t buy this concept, as the food I buy would far surpass $39 a month if I bought big bags. I assume you make up for the loss of profit from the more expensive brands (because the cost on them is actually more than $39 šŸ™‚ I order food wholesale for the store, so I am aware of what the costs here are) by charging $30 more than most retail on the cheap junk.

A tip for you though: If you’re going to come to a dog food review site, I hope before you attempted to sell your product you would take a look at to the foods that are rated highly on this site, and maybe get a few of those available before you start trying to sell. Very few, if any, of the people on the forums are going to pay for what you currently have available, and they especially wouldn’t pay over market price for them

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.