šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ShiroTheCavapoo
    Participant

Hi folks,

I have a one year old Cavapoo (weight 10.5kg / 23 lbs) who is on freeze dried raw patties. He is given the following together with his food: Adored Beast Potent-Sea Omega 3 Oil, golden paste, probiotics, chia and flax seeds.

Normally, the discharge / gunk from his eyes in the mornings are clear or white in color and his ears do not have much ear wax when I clean them weekly.

For the past 3 weeks, I have been slowly transitioning him to Orijen Six Fish. No issues in the first 2 weeks of his transition to the kibbles.

In the third week of transition, he is being fed 1 cup of Orijen Six Fish kibbles (which forms 2/3 of his meal) with his freeze dried patties (1/3 of his meal).

This is when the discharge from his eyes became rust colored and he has ALOT of ear wax. I have been cleaning his ears daily but every morning there seems to be more. However, the ear wax is not foul smelling and my dog doesn’t seem to be bothered by it (no scratching or head shaking etc).

I suspect I am overfeeding him and there is excessive intake of protein and fats (since Orijen is very high in protein). Will cut back on the kibbles and see what happens.

Anyone has any experience on this or any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.