English Springer Spaniel

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition English Springer Spaniel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ashley N

I recently got an English Springer Spaniel puppy. He is currently 14 weeks old. He is on purina puppy chow but I would like to switch him to something a lot better. I heard that medium and large dogs have different requirements on certain ingredients so i was wondering what the best foods would be to switch him to.
    Thank you.

#58823 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

For information about large and giant breed puppy food, go here: /forums/topic/large-and-giant-breed-puppy-nutrition/

You should definitely switch him off of the Puppy Chow, but make sure his is comfortable and has been in your house at least a week, because stress can make food transitions harder. Good luck, and congrats on your new puppy!

#58824 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

If you are looking for a good starting place, NutriSource Large Breed Puppy has good calcium levels for LBPs and NutriSource is known for being easy to transition to. From there you can try a few different foods and see what he does best on. Go over to the review side and do a search on rotational diets to find out about why sticking with only one food is not a good idea.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.